38: A Potter's Pregnancy

Hermione's POV:

I slowly open my eyes, and a bright flashing light blinds me.

"Ah!" I exclaim, closing my eyes again.

"She's awake!" Somebody calls.

There are footsteps of what sounds like a hoard of elephants, then a lot of people talking.

"'Mione!" Somebody screeches.

Another person interrupts the first. "Thank goodness you're okay-"

"Thought you might've-"

"-three days!"

I bolt up, eyes wide. I see all my friends around me, and Draco at my side, holding my hand. I didn't notice that before, but then again, I just woke up from an apparently three day long coma!

I give him a weird look, and he blushes, dropping my hand. "Three days!" I ask them. "What about my classes!"

Ginny giggles. "Classic 'Mione, always rambling about classes!"

"They're important!" I snap. Something pops into my head. "Where's my bag!" I shoot up, sending Draco to the floor to avoid me hitting him.

I search around, then I see Harry holding it above his head.

"Nuh-uh, you just fainted!" Harry says, once again, acting like my older brother.

"Rest, 'Mione," Luna soothes. "We didn't do much, Draco's been taking care of your projects."

Draco blushes a bit when I look at him, not meeting my gaze.

I sigh. "I guess I could rest a bit more."

"That's a good idea, everybody out!" Ron pushes everybody except Draco through the doorway. Harry hands Draco my bag, and kisses me on the cheek.

I clear my throat and pick up a book on my hospital wing bedside table. "So, our project-"

"I did all the roofing, paid the company, and put in the amount of time." Draco updates me. "I've got that covered now erm...the bed-"

I twiddle with my thumbs. "Just one?"

Draco blushes. "If you want two then we can get-"

I shake my head. "The whole point of the law is to have offspring, one bed shall do."

He hands me my bag and I find everything just how I left it, perfect!

"So since we're getting mahogany flooring, which I also got, we should get a matching bed, you know?" Draco flips through a catalogue.

"I like that one." I point to a large, princess style mahogany bed.

"Then it shall be yours," Draco mutters. He pulls out the enchanted parchment and writes everything down. I notice that there's still about a fifth of what we started with left, so I start looking at things for the Great Room.

"This," I comment. "Is going to take a while."
________________________________________________________________________________

Ginny's POV:

For the fifth time this week, I had to barf.

Lavender had been making hamburger helper, something I usually loved, but this time, yet once I smelled the meat, I went running!

Harry was too busy stuffing his face, so I don't think he noticed me. Not that I cared, I look horrible right now!

This was the fifth time this week. First time it was potatoes from the Great Hall, then it was the smell of Veritaserum from potions, the third time it was 'Mione's shampoo that I borrowed, and yesterday was pollen from the greenhouses. Now this!