21: Dress Shopping P1

Part 1 of Wedding Dresses Shopping

Hermione's POV:

"WAKE UP! DRESS SHOPPING! IT'S OUR TURN TODAY!" Ginny yells.

I groan. This Saturday, well, today actually, was our turn to go to Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, wherever to get our wedding dresses. Molly, Narcissa, Lavender's mum, Pansy's mum, Theo's mum, Blaise's mum, and Astoria's mum would be coming. I felt a pang in my chest. I had obliviated my parents before the war so they would be safe, but now that I was getting married, she wouldn't be there.

The past week had flown by. It started with me, waking up with a hangover, and consisted of class after class and taking care of our fake kids. The potion had worn off, so I cried myself to sleep last night. I was going to miss little Scorp, he was delightful.

~!@#$%^&*Memory from last night*&^%$#@!~

I just finished my last class of the day and was about to head to dinner.

"MUMMY!" Scorp yelled.

I turned around, grinning. "Scorp! My baby!"

I ran up to him as he ran up to me. We embraced tightly.

"Mummy! I learned a bit about Transfiguration with Grandma McGonagall today!" Scorp cried out, extremely happy.

I giggled a bit. Grandma McGonagall? Did she know that was what she was being called by my son?

"And what did she teach you?" I asked him.

"Well mummy, she gave me her wand and told me to turn the chair into a dog. It took me a couple minutes, but I did it!" Scorp dances around. "I'm a wizard, mummy!"

I picked him up and walked into the Great Hall, looking at Professor McGonagall. She gives me a sly smile. I turn back to Scorpius. "I'm so proud of you, my baby boy."

~!@#$%^&*Memory ends*&^%$#@!~

Another tear escapes my eye. I quickly wipe it away. I stand up and look around. I notice that I'm in another one of Draco's t-shirts.

Since the date, Draco and I have become a lot less awkward around each other. I wouldn't say that we're friends, but being in each other's company wasn't as horrible as it had been before.

Draco rolled off of the couch. "In another one of my t-shirts, huh?"

I walk in the bathroom, not bothering to respond. Since his t-shirt was white with a graphic image of the deathly hallows on it, I paired it with a pair of ripped, dark blue jeans. I put my hair in two french braids and put on a layer of pink gloss.

"You won get your shirt back until later tonight, Draco," I call over my shoulder. "I'm much too lazy to change, and I'll be trying on dresses all day." I grab my purse and a large bag of golden galleons. I was going to be doing a lot of spending today for six dresses I would wear once! Once! Then I would have to find a bunch of other outfits for the other weddings I would be attending. SO. MUCH. MONEY!

Draco nods, looking at the bag of galleons. "By the way, don't worry about the price. I'll pay for all of it."

"No!" I exclaim. "I will spend my own money. I really just don't see the point of spending like half a million on dresses I will only ever wear once!"

"Exactly." Draco takes the bag of galleons from my hands and tosses it across the room. "I'll pay for it."

Just as I was about to argue, NArcissa burst through our door. "Hermione! WE have to go! We can't be late!"