Twenty Two: Dress Shopping P2

Hermione's POV:

Narcissa shoves me into a changing stall with twenty dresses in it. I groan. We'll be here for literally...ever! 

I take the first dress. It has no straps and a sweetheart neckline. There's bling all over the bodice and the bottom is extremely poofy. 

"3...2...1..!" Astoria calls. We all step out and start giggling at each other. 

Ginny had on a huge poofy gown, much like mine. Luna's was pretty revealing, Astoria's looking more like a mother-of-the-bride thing, Pansy's showed nothing, and Lavender's looked more like a sundress!

"Alright," I said. "I think we can all agree that none of these suit us so...Next!" 

I stepped back into my changing stall and picked out another dress. It was a light pink colour, definitely not traditional, but it was a beautiful mermaid gown. I didn't really like it, but I still wanted their opinions. 

"ALRIGHT! READY? STEP OUT!" Rose called.

We all stepped out once again. I looked over at Luna, she looked gorgeous!

Even though she had said she wanted something unique, this plain dress was wrapped around in multi-colored fairy lights. It was a plain, floor-length dress with a sweetheart neckline.

"I didn't like how plain it was so I added some sparkle." Luna looked up from her reflection. "I think if I get all different colored rainbow bridesmaid dresses, it would look nice. Like one person wears one colour...what's wrong?" Luna looked a bit concerned. 

"You look...beautiful, Luna." Mrs. Weasley gasped. 

"I really like it. I'll buy it." Luna went back into the changing stalls. 

"Well, the search for a dress continues for us!" Lavender squealed. "Back in our rooms!"

I sighed. Luna was lucky. She had found a beautiful dress after just two tries! There was literally no way I was going to find anything! 

I picked up another dress. It was similar to the one Luna had, but it was a halter top with a lace skirt and lace sleeves. "Alright," I mumbled. "I'm, coming out." 

I took a swift step forward, out of my changing stall, and found everybody crowding over Ginny who was wearing the gown Narcissa found for her earlier. She was wearing a pretty simple dress. It had a V-neck neckline and no ruffles or pleats whatsoever. The fabric simply flowed. Even though Ginny was a pretty sophisticated person, the dress suited her. She squealed and went back into the changing rooms, saying, "Thank you, Narcissa!" over and over again. 

When people stopped looking at her, they looked at me. Narcissa tutted disapprovingly. 

"I don't like that one on you, dear," Molly said. "Try something else."

I nodded my head and went back inside. This time, I picked out a dress that was tea-length. It was an off the shoulder with lace sleeves, and the skirt was poofy. I snorted. I felt like an absolute idiot, like some middle school party girl, but I reluctantly stepped out. 

Pansy was wearing a simple chiffon gown. It had a low, lacey V-neck and straps. She twirled around and Mrs. Parkinson shed a tear. 

Astoria wanted something feminine, and she got it. Her gown was a light pink with a sweetheart neckline and a lot of tulle at the bottom of the skirt. Mrs. Greengrass was already talking to an employee about buying it, so I sadly stepped back into my changing stall and Pansy and Astoria joined Luna, Ginny, and all the parents to judge Lavender and I.

At this point, I was getting pretty frustrated. I really wasn't ready for marriage, especially not with somebody who was assigned to me from the Ministry because of some stupid law!