Chapter Thirty-Five: Banishment

Morgana looked up from the potion she was brewing when the door of her hovel was opened. A small, sly smirk appeared on her face upon seeing Lord Agravaine, followed by the handsome Sir Lancelot.

"I believe you both came to tell me some glad tidings, yes?" the young sorceress calmly asked. She had this inkling that her plan to use Lancelot to break the strong relationship between Arthur and Guinevere would be successful this time. After so many failed plans, she had placed enough power, time, effort, and faith to know that this time, her plan would finally be a success.

"I have given her the bracelet like what you have ordered me to do, my lady," Lancelot humbly said, inclining his head.

Morgana stood up from her stool and sauntered towards the two. "Very well, good sir," she declared. Her smile widened when Lancelot straightened up and puffed out his chest, pleased with her words. "And what of Guinevere?"

"I think she is already having numerous bouts of doubts," the knight continued. "Recently, she had started to give me secret glances and furtive smiles that I only seem to see."

She nodded her head, already knowing that soon, her plan would succeed.

Morgana then turned to the strangely quiet Agravaine. The king's uncle seemed startled that her attention landed on him this time. "Make sure that Lancelot will be protected," she ordered. "I want him to be as inconspicuous as possible." Her eyes slightly narrowed, remembering all the failed tasks that Agravaine had done. "I am requesting you to do a simple task, Agravaine. I trust that you will be able to do it well this time."

Agravaine, humbled and embarrassed, inclined his head. "Of course, my lady," he quietly answered.

The young sorceress then turned back to Lancelot and smiled. "And you, Sir Lancelot, continue doing your task well," she said.

Lancelot bowed down. "My life is only devoted to you, my lady," he earnestly swore.

Morgana smirked and nodded her head. "That is good to know," she answered back.

__________

Hermione watched with confused eyes as Gwen sauntered from their window, a flustered and worried look on her face.

It had been Day Five of Gwen and Arthur's engagement and things had been going of quite well already. Tomorrow was already their wedding, an event that would be so famous in the history of the whole Wizarding World that up until the present, everybody knew that Arthur married Guinevere.

But then, as the days passed by, Hermione was starting to notice a strange behaviour from the future queen. For one, she had been distracted most of the time, gazing somewhere only she knew with a dreamy look on her face. Whenever inquired by Hermione, her friend would merely say that she was awfully tired from all the preparations, which Hermione accepted at first. But since Gwen started to zone out frequently, Hermione knew something was wrong already.

One time, it had crossed her mind that Guinevere was having doubts. She voiced this concern out to Merlin, but the young sorcerer merely chuckled at her worry and brushed her off.

"They've been fawning all over each other for months now, Hermione," he then had said, smiling fondly at the disgruntled look on her face. "If anyone here should have any doubts, then I believe the whole Kingdom of Camelot should be considered."

It was not really that surprising when there were random protests from the people of Camelot. A few strongly disagreed with the marriage of the King of Camelot to a lowly maidservant. Some had doubts, but still accepted their marriage and a number whole-heartedly embraced that change that was to come to their beloved kingdom.