Epilogue: All was Well

"Hermione?"

The brunette turned around and smiled upon seeing Queen Guinevere peeking inside the door. "Come in," she said, turning her head back at the small vanity mirror King Arthur was generous enough to provide in her bedchambers. She concentrated on pinning the small rose-shaped hairpin on her hair but gave up in the end.

Chuckling, Gwen strode towards her and helped her, easily putting the hairpin in place. "Where are the maidservants we've ordered to help you?" she asked, looking at Hermione through the mirror.

"They're noisy," Hermione grumbled, frowning a little. The small gloss on her pink lips made it shinier than normal and she sighed. "I'm honestly nervous and they twittered around." She craned her neck to look up at her friend. "I'm sorry if I wasted your generosity."

"Nonsense," the queen said, clicking her tongue. Her eyes skimmed down at her white dress, her eyes twinkling with unsuppressed mirth. "Hermione, you look lovely."

Hermione prettily blushed and slowly stood up from her small stool. Her white, wedding dress billowed behind her as she moved away to stand beside Guinevere. Her eyes surveyed her reflection, smiling fondly while brushing off invisible lint from her beautiful dress. Her veil was placed on top of her bed still and she sauntered towards it, clutching it to herself.

"Let me," Gwen said, stretching out her hand for the veil. Hermione obliged and gave her the veil, standing still as Gwen put her veil in place. "Oh, how the men will gape."

"You flatter me too much," Hermione said, her cheeks darkening.

The queen laughed and held both of Hermione's hands. She happily looked at her friend, her heart bursting with joy with the fact that today, her life would change for the better. "Because you deserve them, my dear friend," she said, smiling broadly. "Are you happy today, Hermione?"

A soft laugh escaped from her lips. "Whatever made you think I'm not?" she gushed out, flustered. "I think I am the happiest woman in the Five Kingdoms today!"

Today, she was to start on a new journey... a journey with Merlin.

After the fateful battle against Mordred, Arthur was heavily injured and despite the exhaustion she felt after giving all her strength to help the said king, Hermione fussed over Arthur's body. Her mind was racing and her heart was pounding quickly, remembering the Arthurian legends and how scholars and professors speculated that on the day of the Battle of Camlan, on the day Arthur battled against Mordred, the legendary King was to die.

And Hermione, for the life of her, could not just accept that fact.

Thus, she poured all her knowledge as a Court Physician and a sorceress at the same time to cure Arthur. Even Merlin had helped, listening obediently to Hermione's orders. It wasn't a wonder when Arthur's condition stabilized with Guinevere crying tears of relief as she stayed with her husband.

Since then, Camelot slowly went back to the way it was before the attack of Morgana and Mordred. Although the scars that were left were still fresh and festering, with the knowledge that their King and Queen were back, and very much alive, they slowly, yet determinedly started their life anew. Arthur had planned projects with his council, especially with the rehabilitation and reconstruction of all the buildings and infrastructures in Camelot. Food and clothes were immediately distributed while the castle was made as a temporary evacuation place while the houses were rebuilt and fixed.

It took almost a month or two, but life in Camelot was peaceful and wonderful again. Having returned to Camelot, and promising to stay forevermore, the title of the Court Physician was gladly given back to Hermione. She was ecstatic, of course, and had started brewing potions and curing people.