Chapter Forty Eight

*November 12th*
*Harry's POV*

I huffed silently as I pushed a pair of sunglasses over my eyes, shielding them from the burning sunlight. The gravel crunched under my boots as I walked towards my car, gang members surrounding it. They were chattering loudly as I walked through them. I started pushing through them silently, eventually some of them cleared a path for me. I hopped up onto the car, standing on top of it.

"Listen up!" I hollered, watching as everyone stopped talking and turned to face me. "You all know why your here. We need to find her, and I would prefer if we did today. If you are the one to find her, you will be rewarded." I informed, making the men nod and mutter words of excitement to them selves. "But if I found out that you hurt her, I will kill you with my bare hands. We want her alive! If she is found bring her to me. I don't give a fuck what the boss told you. She isn't here and she definitely isn't leading this search party." I yelled, my voice traveling through the air.

"Does everyone know what she looks like?" Liam spoke from below me, a cigarette dangling from his mouth as he leaned against my car. His question was met with a bunch of nods and muttered words of agreement.

"Alright then. You guys know what to do." I dismissed them, watching as they all scurried away. They all hopped in their cars and drove away, leaving me and the guys.

"Are we going to look for her?" Louis asks, stomping out a cigarette with his heel. He's been having a really tough time with her disappearance, even worse than me.

"Well at least some of us needs to be here in case they find her." Liam spoke from my right, causing Louis to scoff.

"Well I can't just sit here and wait for someone to find my sister." Louis spoke in frustration.

"How about this, Louis and I will join the search party, while Harry and Liam stays here." Niall proposed.

Liam turned to me and shrugged as I nodded my head. "Alright go. There's no need for all of us to be here."

Louis face washed with relief as he nodded, turning and hurrying away to his car. Niall climbed into his own car and sped off, leaving Liam and I alone.

"Do you think they'll find her?" Liam asked curiously.

"I don't know. I do know one this and it's that she doesn't want to be found." I said truthfully, even though my heart broke with each syllable.

"What do you mean by that?" Liam furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me in confusion.

"The time that she ran away with you and Louis, there was a small part of her that wanted me to find her. That was when she cared for me and actually wanted to be here. This time she doesn't want me, or any of us for that matter, to find her. She's probably long gone by now." I spat in a bitter tone.

"Well if she really doesn't want to be near us that bad, why are we searching so hard for her?" Liam asked.

"Because, I just need to know if she's alive or not." I stated bluntly.

"Has anyone checked her dads house?" He changed the subject, not wanting to think of her as dead.

"She wasn't there. She's too smart for that. She knows that's the first place that we'll look." I brushed the hair out of my face, looking around the deserted parking lot.

"What if she is dead?" Liam asked with fear laced in his tone.

I stared out into the deserted parking lot as I thought about his question. I breathed deeply as I tried to imagine a life without her. I sighed shakily as tears sprung to my eyes, my heart aching.

"I don't know." I whispered.

••••

The sun was now going down as Liam and I sat on the hood of my car. No one has contacted us so we've just been sitting here, waiting for some information. The search party ended at midnight so people could get some rest and head back out tomorrow. My heart raced with anxiety as more time paced, the clock getting closer to 12 than I wanted it to.

I hear gravel crunching and I lifted up my head to see Nialls car pulling into the vacant parking lot. I hopped off the car and leaned against it, watching as he parked his car. I twisted the rings on my finger as he got out of the car. I tried to read his facial expression but I couldn't pinpoint what he was feeling. Liam hopped down next to me, looking at Niall anxiously.

"Any news?" Liam asked, to his tone laced in curiosity.

Niall kept his head down as he approached us, making my stomach knot in fear.

"I'm sorry." He simply said.

"For what? What happened? Where is she?" Liam said frantically.

Niall look straight into my eyes. "She's dead."

I felt the wind get knocked out of my lungs as I stared at him. The world seemed to go in slow motion as I waited for him to tell me he was kidding. But he didn't. I felt a huge pain in my heart as tears started to flow down my cheeks. I slowly dropped down onto my knees. My fingers knotted into my hair as I leaned my head on the ground. Sobs racked my body continuously as I found it hard to catch my breath. It felt like the walls were closing in on me and I wanted nothing more than to feel her next to me. If she were here she would wrap her small arms around me. Her head would be muzzled in my neck as she whispered comforting words. But she's gone.

And it's all my fault
____________________________
I have no words.

I hope you guys like this chapter. Please vote, comment, and like. It really helps a lot.

Have a wonderful day!