Chapter Fifty Six

*November 19th*
*Nialls POV*

I kept my eyes tiredly on the road, speeding down the street on my way to Zayns. My body felt fatigued due to lack of sleep. I was up basically all night with Arabelle.

It took her an hour and forty five minutes to stop crying, than it took another thirty for her to fall back asleep. By the time that I left her room it was 5 a.m, and I knew that I wasn't getting any sleep.

I just wish Arabelle would face her fears and just go and see them. Running from her problems is only a temporary fix, their bound to find her eventually. When they do their going to be devastated,  knowing that she's been hiding away from them this whole time.

I understand why she doesn't want to see them, but I wish she could just get over it. At least enough to let them know she's alive. It's already been a month, leaning towards two at this point. I think she's had enough time to sort her thoughts, but what do I know about emotions? Especially hers.

I just want all of this to be over, to be back to how it used to be. When Harry and Ara were sickly in love and I wasn't involved in it. I don't know why she had to come to me but she did, and I wasn't going to just let her off by herself. Of course I could've just called Harry and Louis at any point, having them come and take her off my hands. For some reason I didn't want to do that though, it just didn't feel right.

So I was left with no choice but to let her stay with me. I didn't have to lie to my friends and tell them she was dead, but I did. It was a selfish choice, I did it mostly just to protect myself. I didn't want to die just because I did something stupid, that I still believe was the right thing.

I've been avoiding everyone these last few days, not wanting to see Louis and Harry's devastated faces. Whenever I look into their broken eyes it just reminds me that I'm the one that caused them to become this way. They always look awful whenever I see them, making me feel even more guilty.

Louis just locks himself in his room, not speaking to anyone anyway. Whenever I go their we just sit in silence before I get too uncomfortable and leave. I don't think he's been getting much sleep, if he does than it sure as h.ell doesn't look like it.

Harry has turned to drugs and alcohol, exactly like I knew he would. That's always what he does whenever something bad happens. He doesn't know of any other way to deal with it, so he just numbs the pain, so he doesn't have to deal with it.

I haven't even seen Liam since the night I told him. He got in his car and sped away, not saying a word to any of us. I decided he just wanted to be left alone, he was also very close to her. I mean he did help her escape along with Louis.

I'm just hoping that she goes and tells them before someone catches on. If the gang finds out that I lied I'm a dead man. I don't know how this is going to work out but I hope that it doesn't involve me dying.

The sound of gravel crunching underneath the wheels of my car as I turned into Zayns driveway. Liams car was pulled into the open garage, along with Louis. I furrowed my brow as I parked behind their cars, not understanding why they were all grouped up here, they barely spoke to Zayn.

I hurriedly got out of the car, quietly shutting the door so I don't alarm anyone of my presence. I climbed up onto the porch, immediately stepping towards the window. I peeked in to see Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn all sat at the table. They all had lit cigarettes in their hands as they seemed to be in a heated discussion. I looked down and realized the window was open, not a lot, but just enough for me to hear inside if I tried hard enough.

I crouched down, putting my ear right next to the window. If anyone saw me right now they would probably freak out and call the cops.

"We have to go tonight." Zayn said, his voice dripping in authority as I strained my neck to hear.

"Right." Liam nodded, agreeing with his words.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, where are they going?

"We don't even know if Nialls hiding her." Louis spoke up, making my eyes widen in alarm.

I could hear Zayn start to mutter something but I couldn't focus. They knew. I stumbled away from the window and quickly ran off the porch, climbing in my truck with urgency. The sounds of my heavy panting filled the truck as I quickly backed out of the driveway, speeding towards my house.

Everything was a blur as I drove well past the speed limit. My mind was racing with endless possibilities, knowing what will happen if they find Arabelle at my house. My anxiety was rising as my hands shook slightly. I didn't even realize how hard I was gripping the steering wheel until I felt a pan in my knuckles.

I finally made it to my house after what felt like years. I messily parked my truck as I threw the door open, running into my house. I didn't even bother taking off my shoes as I ran through the house like a mad man, rushing to find Arabelle.

I found her sitting on the couch, calmly reading. She looked up with a smile once I entered the room. Her welcoming smile soon turned into a look of concern once she saw my face. I was sweating from nerves and my hands were shaky as I ran my hand through my hair.

"What's going on?" Ara spoke in panic.

"They know your here."
___________________________
Ouu shiii

I hope you guys liked this one. Please vote, comment, and share. It means a lot .

Have a wonderful day