ch.10 birthday hunt

mabel and dippers birthdays was coming up in a day and bill wanted to do something nice for his pinetree. he decided to talk to mabel about it, tho she was more welcoming towards him she still was a bit hesitant sometimes, tho you can't blame her he did try to kill her a few summers ago. dipper was upstairs doing his work from school that day. stan was running the shop, he missed it while on the boat, and ford was in the lab. bill walked down the stairs to the living room.

"hey shooting star think you could help me plan for pinetree birthday?"

"hm ummm well ok"

"ok i want to do something nice for him. your both turning 18 right?"

"yep!"

"ok...what about taking him out to eat...then a walk to the water tower?"

"hmmm"

"okay so what else should i do?"

"don't take him to the water tower he's seen that already. take him some place nice and preferably mysterious, your all knowing right? just think of a cool place he's never seen."

"hmmm yea i think there's a nice supernatural cave nearby. thanks shooting star!"bill got up and ran outside to go get the cave ready for dipper's birthday tomorrow.

it was later that night bill had just got home. he was laying down looking at his pinetree, playing with his hair, thinking about how much he had changed him. he had always been so captivated by him but, he never thought he was in love with him. he couldn't bare to leave him or live without him. he hated that he felt human emotions now, but he didn't mind as long as he could hold his pinetree in his arms like this.

"mhhh bill~" dipper mumbled as he snuggled closer to bill tucking his head in bill's chest. bill smiled holding dipper closer and protectively. they fell asleep like that.

-the next day-

"DIPPER! WAKE UP WE'RE 18!" mabel screamed hitting dipper with a pillow.

"uhhgggg" dipper said not really hearing what mabel said, annoyed about being woken up like this.

" WE'RE 18 DIPPER!" mabel screamed

"uhhgg ok ok i get it" dipper said getting up, rubbing his eye's and looking around the room for his lover.

"where's bill?"

"i don't know i woke up wondering that too. i thought you would know." mabel said. she seemed to had woken up recently because she was still in her shorts and sweater. dipper himself had fallen asleep in his outfit from school the past day, he was wearing no shirt and some shorts too. he assumed bill changed him to let him be more comfortable.

"i call shower first, maybe i can impress pacifica!" mabel said excitedly. as bill and dipper's relationship grew so did mabels and pacifica. dipper knew his sister had grown to want to be more than friends. dipper decided to get up and get dressed without a shower. it was saturday so they had no school today, talk about luck. dipper got dressed in a blue flannel, red hoodie, black skinny jeans, and his iconic hat, tho kind of stained with blood and dirt from summers ago. he walked down stairs and noticed breakfast laid out already.

"STAN? FORD? ARE YOU GUYS HERE?" dipper called out for his grunkels

just as he circled the table set for two with a note in the middle mabel came down the stairs in a pink dress with a violet ribbon and her symbol of a shooting star a bit small on her left shoulder.

"when did you make breakfast dip-n-dot?"

"i didn't" he picked up the card in the middle of the tabel. and read it out loud.

" dear mystery twins to celebrate your coming of 18, there has been a path planed out to show how far you have come since those small scared little 12 year olds. after you've eaten come to the place where it all started. remember TRUST NO ONE!" both of them looked at eachother.

"i bet you i can figure it out first." mabel said. both had been competitive even as they got older. they were teased as being childish but they didn't care.

"alright bet but i'm going to eat first." dipper said glad to know even as 'adults' they wouldn't stop their fun game. they both ate there food hasty while lost in thought. once dipper finished he sat there thinking."where it all began?" suddenly after about 5 mins he had an idea. he stood up hastily and ran upstairs to his bed room, grabbed his messenger bag with his spare journal, a pin and a flashlight, he throw his phone and charger in it (he learned the hard way to keep his charger too) and told mabel to follow him. they ran through the woods mabel not 100% sure where they were going. dipper stopped when he found a old tree that had a hollow mattel hole in it. in the hole was a note.

"where it all began, trust no one, this is where i found the book where it all began." dipper said proud that he figured it out.

"ahh ok what the note say?" mabel asked.

"i knew you would get this now go to the place your first experienced the supernatural." dipper read thinking back to summers ago. mabel was the first one this time.

"OH the hunted gas station!" mabel screamed and ran off dipper chasing after her.

this continued on the whole day each of them rembring their crazy summer they had until they stumbled onto the last clue.