HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! (sidestory)

dipper was excited. since he had came out recently and they had gotten out of school recently and now that there was time, he wanted to go to a pride parade with bill. he had always wanted to go to the ones in the city but never did in fear that people would disapprove, mabel went everytime having a blast and making friends. it was june 1th, pride month. gravity falls didn't have a pride parade because everyone one knew everyone and there wasn't a lot of LGBT+ members. dipper was sitting on his bed looking at pride posts on social media. then he found something that made him jump out of his bed in joy.

"BILLLLLLLL!!!" dipper screamed out as he ran down the stairs to bill and mabel. they had been watching some horror movie in the living room with soos, wendy, and pacifica. he ended up tripping on the stairs and falling down the rest of the way.

"whoa pinetree slow down will you." bill chuckled. everyone plused the movie noticing dipper and his random outburst.

"THERE'S A PRIDE PARADE IN PORTLAND IN A FEW DAYS! CAN WE GO!? PLEASE!" he screamed still excited about his discovery.

"huh a pride parade eh? well i don't see why not." bill said considering it.

"wait no fair i wanna go too!" mabel whined, she loved pride parades.

"who's going to watch the shop?" dipper asked he loved his sister but their grunkle stan's would kill them if they found out they left the shack alone.

"well i could watch the shack for you dudes" soos offred.

"wait hold on mabel your gay?" pacifica asked with a shocked expression.

"oh heh y-yea, i'm pansexual." mabel said shyly. she was afraid of this. she had developed feeling for her and was fine with being her friend.

"if you don't mind do you think i could tag along with you guys? i could help get a hotel or something." pacifica said rubbing the back of her neck.

"wait are YOU gay?" mabel asked this time her turn to be shocked.

"well...i think. i used to like dipper but...recently i've found myself having attraction for a female." pacifica said twisting her foot avoiding looking at everyone but the floor. everyone could tell they should leave so everyone slowly backed away going off to do their own thing. bill and dipper went upstairs to plan their trip including mabel and pacifica. soos and wendy went to the front to open up shop, it was noon time for the the shop to open.

"so~ shooting star and lamma huh?" bill askes relaxing on his and dippers bed. since bill didn't really have a house in this dimension he had moved in with dipper and mabel.

"heh yea i think they'll be cute together." dipper said laying down in bills lap.

"so when do you want to head out it's a good deal away."

"hmm i don't know let's check when the bus runs." dipper said pulling his phone out to check the times for the bus.

"let's see we could catch it tomorrow at about 5pm, so we would get there about 9 pm and we could come back the 10th. ya know make a fun trip out of it for a week."

"sure that sounds great pinetree. let's start packing." with that they got up and started to pack a duffel bag each. it was latter about 3 or 4 and bill and dipper had came down to tell mabel and pacifica about the plan to head to portland. they walked down to see mabel cuddled up to pacifica waiting the movie from earlier.

"well the bus heads to portland tomorrow at 5pm. we figured we could make a fun trip out of it so we well head back the 10th." dipper said startling them both.

"huh oh ok well i guess i should head home and pack soon." pacifica said looking down at mabel.

"NUUUUUU i don't want you too."

"hahaha it's fine i'll be back soon okay?" pacifica said laughing at mabel clinging to her.

"ok fine." dipper laughed and bill just rolled his eyes. pacifica left and dipper took her place while bill went to make dinner.

"sooo~ what's new~?" dipper asked wanting to know all of the details.

"well after you all left we got to talking and agreed to just see where we go, so i guess for now we're friends with benefits? who don't see anyone else?" she said kinda confused.

"ok well that's good? i think. who knows maybe you could become girlfriends during this trip." dipper said encouraging his twin. they continued to talk until bill came out with dinner. they all ate then went to bed for the big day tomorrow. everyone got up and met up at the shack. soos got there about 2 and they all talked and hung out until 4 then bill, dipper, mabel and pacifica headed out to the bus stop to catch the bus. they all sat in the back dipper asleep on bills shoulder, mabel and pacifica talking about the new season of my hero academia. and bill just scrolling on his phone for a fun date idea. All ready to have a blast.

I wanted to write something positive since 2020 has been rough, so if you couldn't tell this isn't in 2020. Stay safe and remember you are valid weather your a supporter, or part of any minority.