PART VI

omniscient pov

One week later

"Excuse me!" i shimmed my way through the crowd of people huddled by the flyer board.

Today was a big day for Serenity she had finally took the test last week so she could get into another nursing program.

She was almost there and was hoping to become a nurse by the age of 23, currently 19. It being her second year of college serenity's still learning the basics of everything and still taking other coursework.

"Yess" a blonde girl in front of her said while giving her friend a high-five and they both moved out of the line

Serenity went up searching through the names until she found hers.

Serenity-89-Passed

She instantly got excited and mentally screamed inside of her head. Serenity had to text Dream the good news immediately. She moved out of the line and rushed over to her classmate TiTi.

"So what happened?" TiTi asked.

"I got innnn" she showed her the picture of her name on the flyer.

Titi gasped and was shocked to hear that. She really didn't think Serenity could make it. Because of the way she would always talk negative about herself and the test. What you think will happen will usually happen.

"That's great girl. I knew you would make it" she hugged her and let her go.

"I gotta tell Dream right now" she dialed her up on the phone. They both began to walk to their next class a block across campus. Which wasn't very long.

"Hey girl"
"Yeap"
"Dream i got in"
"Why is everyone so shocked"
"Yeah"
"I gotta work tonight"
"Okay that's cool"
"Alright bye"

She ended the call and turned her attention back to Titi.

"She crazy as hell"serenity added and slipped her Iphone back into her pocket.

"Mhmm"she agreed

"So how's you and Miles" she asked.

"Better....he's not out as late anymore. He pays more attention to me and cares about me more." she said lying straight through her teeth.

TiTi has always been a little naive about things. Everyone knew that Miles was doing her wrong. But she couldn't handle the truth. She always liked to seem perfect other people's eyes and if that meant lying to feel better about herself she would.

"I guess that's good"serenity replied in disappointment. She felt as if titi needed to be hit with a sense of reality.

"So there's gonna be a kick back this Saturday at Darnells you coming?" she asked serenity patting her itchy braids.

"Ehhh i'm not into that scene if i'm being honest"she shook her head at the statement.

"Girlllll all the niggas gone be out"she exaggerated it.

"Well i'm not focused on the niggas and you shouldn't be either" she raised her eyebrow.

"I'm trynna help a single friend out" she folded her arms.