PART X

"Have a good day Serenity" my boss said to me as he looked me up down in a conniving way.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking right past him trying my best to ignore his presence. He grabbed my arm and repeated himself.

"Get off of me, the fuck are you doing." I said grabbing my arm back from him. August walked right through the Zaxby's door and he saw my angry look.

"Look Kevin tomorrow is my last day, I've had enough of this job so don't ever touch me again" I said rubbing my piercing arm. It had been two weeks of me closing everyday and it was tiring. It was time for something new and I couldn't do that being tied down to some nasty ass restaurant. Yeah I am quiet but he was gone get this mouth today gahdamn it.

"What you rubbing your arm for" August said walking up, squinting his eyes and looking at Kevin. "How you doing sir?" my boss pulled out his hand for it to be shook.

"Naw nigga put that shit down, the fuck was you rubbing your arm for?" he said grabbing my arm aggressive but unknowingly. He studied it and saw nothing but still was suspicious. "August" I grunted and put my hand up. "Nothing happened, I hit my arm on the door as I was walking out". He looked me in my eyes and could tell that I was lying but he knew I didn't want him to cause a scene so he softened his face. "Let's go" he said. I glared back at my boss and he gave me a stern look back as he crossed his arms.

We both walked out and he was mad at me I could tell. The car ride was awkward until I turned the radio station.

"Fuck you do that for?" he looked at me confused.

"I don't wanna listen to this"

"So then say that, dont touch my shit"

"You need to lose that quick and ian playing " I said hinting to his attitude.

"You need to stop protecting folks that's always hurting you"

"I dont need any scenes at my work and you know this. I don't want a bad look"

"Nigga you damn near finna leave so what work?"

"Can we not do this please fr"

"No bruh you always trynna avoid the truth"

"YOU PISSING ME OFF SHUT THE FUCK UP"

He looked at me with anger and slowly softened his face nodding. "lower yo tone" he said driving faster.

I sat there and didn't say anything back to him cause I really wasn't in the mood at all. But i knew that if we got home and he was in the mood I was gone get fucked up. The past two weeks I haven't found the time to even talk to Dream, It's been three- four days since my period has come and I'm too nervous to take a test, this stupid ass job, I failed my last Patient Safety quiz which isn't good at all. Shit has been all over the place for me and I need a break from everyone and everything.

"Get out your head Serenity" he tapped my lap and I snatched it away. He mugged me and shook his head slowly. "Dont do that shit" he chuckled and I ignored his laughter and his whole fucking existence.

He parked the car at my apartment and i unbuckled myself and sat there as he unbuckled too.

"Oh what you doing" i chuckled

"You finna act like this"

"Yeah...yeah i am, thanks for the ride tho" i slammed the door to his car. Throwing up the middle finger behind me as i kept walking forward.

Stepping inside the house i dropped my belonging by the door, slipped off my shoes. I heard the door open behind me and i loudly huffed.
____________________________________