Chapter 2: Ritsu Writes a Poem

Ritsu is sitting alone in the Student Council Room, writing something. Then, Shirogane, Shinomiya, and Ishigami enter. Shinomiya peeks at what Ritsu is writing.

Shinomiya asks, "ara ara, what are you writing, Sakurajima-san?"

Ritsu, noticing that Shinomiya saw what he was writing, hides it quickly. "I-it's nothing, Shinomiya-san."

As Ritsu hides the paper, it falls beside Shirogane's desk. "Oh? What is this? A poem?"

Ritsu feels his soul coming out of his body.

"Sakurajima-senpai, who is this for, hm?" Ishigami smirks at Ritsu.

"I-it's for no one! I just like writing poems." Ritsu tells them.

"Oh? I didn't know that." Shinomiya looks at him, both impressed and surprised.

"Me too." Shirogane and Ishigami both say.

Shinomiya walks up to Ritsu and whispers, "I know who this is for, Sakurajima-san. Don't worry, i can keep secrets."

"So, about that basketball game, I managed to get her to agree. Now you just have to pull it off!" Shinomiya smiles at Ritsu.

"What's this about Sakurajima-san's basketball game?" Shirogane asks.

"Oh, it's just Shinomiya-san coming to watch our first basketball game this season. You and the rest of the Student Council should come if you're free." Ritsu tells Shirogane.

"I'm in. Ishigami, how about you?" Shirogane asks Ishigami.

"Sure thing. I wanna see how good Sakurajima-senpai is."

Fujiwara suddenly enters the room. "Hello everyone! Oh? What's this?" She notices the poem on Shirogane's table.

She starts reading it:

-would you be mine?-

there's nothing quite like your smile
sort of subtle, perfect, and real
you never knew how wonderful that smile could make someone feel

i love the sparkles in your eyes
your beautiful smile
can make everyone around you
stop and stare for a while

i love the way your wink makes me melt
how your eyes made me fall for you
i just wish you knew
how much love i felt
when you smiled back at me

i wish i could've asked you out
i wish i had the guts to say
"would you be mine?"
i wish i would've asked you to be my valentine

Fujiwara, surprised by the poem, can't help but be curious. "Someone's in love! Who wrote this?"

"It was Sakurajima." Ishigami tells Fujiwara.

"Dammit Ishigami! Why'd you tell her?!" Ritsu shouts.

"HOH! Sakurajima-san's in love! Who is it? Who is it?"

"I told you, I'm not in love! Shut up, Fujiwara!" Ritsu shouts, his face turning red.

"I'm the love detective, and i will find the person you like!" Fujiwara says confidently. She then leaves the room.

"So, Sakurajima-san, may we read more of your poems?" Shinomiya asks. Ritsu hesitantly gives them his notebook.

"A-are these all for her?!?! You're really good, Sakurajima-san!" Shinomiya exclaims.

"U-uh... Thank you, i guess." Ritsu says, shyly.

Shirogane can't help but be curious as well. "So, who is it for?"

"I- uh... it's for... someone i like..." Ritsu blushes.

"Who is it? You can trust us, Sakurajima-senpai." Ishigami tells Ritsu.

"Soon, you'll know. I promise i'll tell it all to you!" Ritsu explains.

"Anyways, it's almost time for our training today. Bye!" Ritsu leaves.