Chapter 20: Ai Can't Wait for the Festival

"I'm bored. Why can't the end of the summer break come already?" Ai sighs.

"Maybe I can build a new PC? Nah, I don't have enough parts." She stares at the box at the corner of her room filled with computer parts.

"...How about you call Ritsu-kun?" Nao then enters Ai's room.

"Mom! No... he's probably busy right now." Ai then lies down on her bed.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you something. We're going to a festival at the end of the summer break!" Ai tells her mother about the festival.

"Why didn't you say it earlier? Come on, let's go buy you a yukata!" Nao then pulls her daughter up.

At the shopping district,

"Wow, it's still really crowded here." Ai looks at all the people roaming around.

"Ai-chan, come on! This place seems nice!"

Inside the store, they see many yukatas on display.

Nao notices a yukata on display and approaches the clerk.

"How much is this yukata?"

"7000 yen."

"That's really expensive." Ai glares at the clerk.

"Well, why don't we check out other stores?" The two of them leave, and enter another store.

Inside the second store, she notices someone familiar.

"Oh, Hayasaka-san! Hello! What are you doing here?" It was Fujiwara, the secretary of the Student Council.

"Ah, Fujiwara-san. We're just looking for a yukata i can wear to the festival. You're coming, right?"

"Who are you going with?" Fujiwara asks.

"I was gonna go with Ritsu-kun and the rest of the Student Council. Wait, how do you not know about it?" Ai replies, confused.

Fujiwara then starts tearing up.

"O-oh. I see. Sorry, Fujiwara-san." Ai then comforts Fujiwara. "There, there."

"Ai-chan! I think this would look good on you! Oh? Is she your friend?" Nao sees Ai with Fujiwara.

"Yes, my name is Chika Fujiwara, nice to meet you, Hayasaka-san's mom!" It was as if Fujiwara didn't cry.

"Oh hello, Chika-chan! Are you looking for a yukata too?"

"Yes!" Chika smiles.

"Mom, I'm gonna go try this out." Ai takes the yukata and heads to the fitting room.

"Here you go, miss. Your yukata." The clerk approaches Chika and gives her the yukata.

"I'm gonna go now, Hayasaka-san's Mom! It was nice meeting you!" Chika then leaves.

"Such a nice kid." Nao smiles.

Then, Ai opens the door of the fitting room and shows her mother. "How do i look, mom?"

"Beautiful, sweetie!"

Ai was wearing a beautiful white and blue yukata.

"Hey, mister? we'll take this one, please." Nao tells the clerk.

"Okay, that'll be... 3500 yen."

Nao pays for the yukata and the two of them leave.

On their way home, they notice a man running, followed by two stray dogs.

"Wait... what? Ritsu-kun?"