Chapter 16: Ritsu is Ready to Leave

"...I'm not saying that I saw it coming, but I saw it coming." Haru says, unsurprised.

"Was it that obvious?" Ritsu giggles.

"Well, yeah. Aside from the fact that you two went on a date already, i just wanted to know if you're REALLY dating."

Hayasaka is still covering her face in embarrassment.

"No need to be shy, Ai-chan! It's fine! Oh god, I'm so proud of my little brother! He has a cute girlfriend!"

"I told you, he's not my boyfriend yet!" Hayasaka says through her hands covering her face.

"So... these burgers, don't you want some?"

"I never thought you'd ask, Ritsu."

Haru takes one. Ritsu gives a burger to Hayasaka, and they enjoy their food.

A week has passed, and Ritsu is ready to leave the Hospital.

"Hey, Ritsu. You ready to go?" Haru tells her little brother.

"Yeah. By the way, do i look cool with my cast?"

The two of them leave the Hospital and head home.

At the Sakurajima Household,

Ritsu opens the front door, and is greeted by familiar faces.

Everyone from the Student Council, and Hayasaka.

"Welcome back, Ritsu!" Everyone says, as they welcome Ritsu.

"It's not like i left the country or anything... thank you, though!" Ritsu smiles.

Everyone hugs Ritsu, and then proceeds to invite him to eat.

Shinomiya offers Ritsu some cake. "Ritsu-kun, would you like some of the cake I brought? I had my personal pastry chefs make this!"

"Sure!"

Ritsu gets two plates for two slices of cake. He gives the other plate to Hayasaka, who was sitting outside.

Hayasaka glances to the side to hide her blushing face. "Thank you."

Fujiwara notices this and asks the rest of the Student Council. "Since when did Ritsu-kun become friends with Hayasaka-san?"

Ishigami, seeing this as another chance to bully Fujiwara, says "Two months ago. Ritsu-senpai told all of us about it, even Miko knew. You mean you don't know your friend like that?"

Fujiwara suddenly cries. "Why didn't you tell me?!? Miko, I trusted you!"

"I just didn't think it'd be relevant! I'm sorry, Fujiwara-senpai!" Miko apologizes.

Back outside, Ritsu and Hayasaka are sitting next to each other.

Suddenly, Ritsu holds Hayasaka's hand. Hayasaka smiles at him and whispers:

"Why don't you ask me now?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Ritsu stutters.

"Of course, Ritsu-kun."