Chapter 32: Ritsu and Ai Become Chefs

"You wanna grab a bite? I'll cook." Ritsu suggests.

"Sure. What will you be cooking today, Chef Ritsu?" Hayasaka teasingly asks.

"I don't even know what we have." Ritsu laughs and goes to the pantry to check.

"We have... pasta. Let me go check the fridge to see if we have any meat." Ritsu opens the fridge to reveal some sirloin steak and ground beef.

"Thank you, Haru!" Ritsu thought to himself.

Ritsu starts cutting the ingredients for the sauce.

"I'll help. What can I do?" Hayasaka gets an apron and wears it.

"Uh... go grab some garlic, onion, thyme, and rosemary." Hayasaka then proceeds to look for the spices. Meanwhile, Ritsu is making the sauce for the pasta. He puts the ground beef and chopped onions on a pan and cooks it slightly.

"Here you go." Hayasaka places the spices on the table.

"Okay, could you season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper?" She then gets the salt and pepper and seasons the steak.

Ritsu transfers the ground beef into a larger pot, then he adds the tomato sauce and seasons it with some salt, stirring every now and then. He also adds his secret ingredient: Milk.

Ai grabs a cast iron pan, places the steak in, and puts it in the oven.

Ritsu, noticing that his girlfriend knew what he wanted to do with the steak, smiles at her. "Nice." Hayasaka shrugs and smiles.

Ritsu then gets another pot, this time filled with water. He waits for the water to boil, and adds the pasta.

a few minutes later, the pan is removed from the oven and transferred to the stove.
Hayasaka adds some butter, with the spices added shortly after.

With both of the meals nearly ready, Ritsu prepares the table.

"Hey, you can sit down now. I got this!" Ritsu signals Hayasaka to go to the dining room to wait for the food.

Ritsu places the spaghetti on a plate, adding some parsley for presentation.

For the steak, he cuts it into pieces and plates it nicely.

"Your meal is served, ma'am." Ritsu brings her a plate of spaghetti and the steak.

"Thank you, Chef." Hayasaka plays along.

Ritsu also gets his food from the kitchen and comes back to eat with Hayasaka.

After eating,

"Where did you learn to cook like that?" Hayasaka asks.

"Mostly from my mom."

"She must be a really good cook. I can't wait to meet her in person!"

"Thanks for helping out at the kitchen!" Ritsu thanks her.

"No problem, I didn't want to pressure you with all the cooking."

"So... how does it taste?" Ritsu asks.

"It's really good! The steak is perfectly cooked and the spaghetti's actually pretty sweet!"

"Thank you." Ritsu says, feeling accomplished.

Later that day, in Ritsu's room...

"I'm getting sleepy. I'll go take a nap first." Ritsu falls asleep on his bed.

Hayasaka then picks up the album from earlier, and takes a picture of Ritsu as a baby. She then sets it as her phone's wallpaper.

When she notices Ritsu sleeping, she lays on the bed beside him and falls asleep as well.