Chapter 5: Ritsu Wants to Ask Someone Out

Today is the first game of the season for Shuchiin Academy's Basketball team. The Student Council's President, Vice President, and Treasurer are present, along with Hayasaka. While warming up, Ritsu sees the four of them watching.

"Go, Sakurajima-san! Do your best!" Shinomiya shouts.

"Yeah, Sakurajima-senpai! Good luck!" Ishigami cheers Ritsu on.

"G-go, Sakurajima-san!" Hayasaka hesitantly says.

Ritsu hears them, and he gets fired up. The game starts, and Ritsu immediately shoots a three-pointer. The crowd, roaring with excitement, shouts "Go go, Shuchiin!" At the end of the first half, Shuchiin was up by 13. During halftime, The four of them went towards the bench and cheered Ritsu on.

Shirogane, who has poor athletic skills, is impressed at Ritsu. "You're really good at basketball, Sakurajima-san." 

"I guess that's why he left all his paperwork kekeke" Ishigami teasingly says.

"Hey! It was because we were in the nationals!"

Hayasaka was too shy to say anything.

As the 2nd half started, Ritsu muttered something before he left the bench.

"This is for you."

He whispered, as he was looking at Hayasaka. Shuchiin Academy's Basketball team ended up winning their first game of the season. After the game, Shinomiya approached Ritsu.

Everything was going all according to Shinomiya's plan. All they need to do now is approach Hayasaka. "Hey, it's time. Good luck!"

"U-uh... Hi, Hayasaka-san."

"H-hi, Sakurajima-san... Congrats on the game, y-you did great." Hayasaka replies, flustered by the sudden approach.

"Please, call me by my first name."

"O-okay, Ritsu-san."

"Anyways, i have a question." Ritsu's face turns red.

"What is it?" Hayasaka starts getting curious.

"W-would you please go out with me?" Ritsu hides his face in embarrassment.

"What are you waiting for? Answer him!" Shinomiya cheers on.

"O-oh!?! Sakurajima-san likes Hayasaka-san?" Shirogane and Ishigami says, both surprised.

"Y-yes..." Hayasaka replies to Ritsu.

"Well, would this weekend be a good time?" Ritsu says, this time more confident than before.

"Yes, i'm free by then." Hayasaka nods then smiles.

"DID I JUST ASK MY CRUSH OUT?!?!?" Ritsu was panicking deep inside, but he looked calm on the outside.

"DID HE JUST ASK ME OUT ON A DATE?!?!?" Hayasaka was also smiling calmly on the outside, but she was also panicking.

When Ritsu got home, Haru immediately noticed something about her little brother.

"Oya oya? My little brother's smiling! What could it be? Do you have a girlfriend now?"

"Uh, no, not yet. I asked her out on a date though."

"Wow, my little brother's already a man! Make sure to bring her home soon!" Haru chuckles.