Chapter 22: The Festival, Part 1

Today's the last day of the summer break, which is also the day of the summer festival. At the Sakurajima household, Ritsu is preparing to leave.

"Hey, sis. Does this look good on me?" Ritsu shows his sister the blue jinbei he bought a few days ago.

"That's perfect! So, are you gonna pick up Ai-chan?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna leave soon. How about you?"

"My co-workers are having a party tonight, so I'm gonna leave too! Here, take the keys."

Ritsu then goes back to his room to wear the jinbei.

"Alright. Bye, Haru! See ya later!"

"Take care, Ritsu! Enjoy your night!"

Ritsu then leaves the house.

He then arrives at the Hayasaka household. In the front yard, he sees Nao, Ai's mother.

"Good evening, Nao-sama. Is Ai-san ready?"

"Good evening, Ritsu-kun! I see your arm has healed! Wait, let me call her."

Nao enters the house and calls for Ai. A few minutes later, Ai finally comes out.

"Hey, Ritsu-kun! Isn't my daughter beautiful? Oh, I'm so happy!" Nao smiles.

"Uh.... Hi." Ai shyly approaches Ritsu.

"You're beautiful."

"Thank you." Ai stutters.

"Enjoy your night, you two! Don't stay out too late!" Nao waves.

"Okay, mom!"

"Well then, shall we go?" Ritsu reaches out his arm, and Ai clings to him.

"They're so cute together!" Nao giggles.

The two of them then proceed to the festival. They take a ride on a taxi to reach the destination.

"To the festival, please."

"Okay. You kids better enjoy your night! They say the fireworks display this year is much better than last year!"

A few minutes later, they finally arrive.

When they get off, they then see several familiar figures: the members of the Student Council.

"Hey, Ritsu-san and Hayasaka-san. Glad you could make it!" Shirogane welcomes them.

"The fireworks display won't start for the next thirty minutes, shall we go around the stalls first?" Shinomiya suggests.

"Sure. I kinda want some candy apples." Ishigami says.

"Me too! And some takoyaki!" Fujiwara says.

"I'll just follow you guys." Miko says, hiding behind Fujiwara.

"Oh, Fujiwara-san. Glad you could make it." Hayasaka smiles at Fujiwara.

"Well then, let's go find some food!" Ritsu tells them.

They then go to the stalls and buy some food. Next was the games, and Ritsu was the first one to try the Shooting Range.

Ritsu then immediately knocks three small targets.

"Hit two more and you win the prize." The owner then points at the large stuffed bear hanging on the corner of the stall.

Fujiwara slowly creeps to Ritsu and says, "Ritsu-kun. Can I have the bear? Please? Pweaaaase?"

"I haven't even won it yet!"

Ritsu then knocks down one more target.

"Ritsu-san! One more!" Everyone cheers.

He shoots, and.....

he misses his last shot.

The owner then hands him a small stuffed bunny.

"No thanks, Ritsu-kun." Fujiwara looks at Ritsu, disappointed.

Ritsu then hands it to Hayasaka. "Thank you, Ritsu-kun. I'll keep it."

Next was the Mini Hoop. Shirogane and Ishigami were the ones to try it.

"But I've never even played basketball before!" Shirogane thought to himself, slightly panicking.

He shoots, and...

he misses his first attempt.

He then looks at Shinomiya, who then giggles.

Ishigami, on the other hand, was shooting well.

"Ishigami-kun, you never told us you played basketball!" Fujiwara tells Ishigami.

"I haven't. I just play it in arcades."

At the end of Ishigami's attempt, he shot 8 baskets and won a stuffed bear. He then gives it to Miko.

"Here you go, Miko. This is yours."