Chapter 31: Ritsu Calls His Parents

After an eventful day at the amusement park, everyone still has three more days free. Ritsu decides to invite Hayasaka over to his house.

The doorbell rings, and Hayasaka enters.

"So, what made you invite me?"

"I was thinking of introducing you to my parents. hehe" Ritsu says.

Ritsu then video calls his parents, who were in Europe.

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad."

"Oh, Ritsu! We're sorry we haven't called in a long time! How are you?" Ritsu's mom asks.

"I'm doing fine. Haru is, too. I just called to introduce you to someone."

Ritsu then pans the camera to Hayasaka, who was sitting on his bed.

"Hello, Ritsu-san's parents. I'm Ai Hayasaka, your son's girlfriend." Hayasaka shyly introduces herself.

"Ritsu! Your girlfriend is really cute! I wish we could meet her in person soon!" Ritsu's mom says excitedly.

"Ritsu. You have good taste, son." Ritsu's dad says.

"Oh, we forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Nana, and he's Takeru. We're Ritsu's parents."

"It's nice to meed you, Nana-sama and Takeru-sama." Hayasaka smiles.

"How old are you, sweetie?" Nana asks.

"I'm 17."

"Ah, so you're the same age as Ritsu!"

"Ritsu, how did you two meet?" Takeru asks.

"Oh, we met at school. I accidentally bumped into her one day."

"Ai-chan, you wanna see Ritsu's baby pictures?" Nana giggles.

"Mom!" Ritsu gets flustered.

"Yes!" Hayasaka also giggles.

"Look at the bookshelf beside Ritsu's bed. You'll find the albums there." Nana continues to laugh.

Hayasaka then immediately goes to the bookshelf and finds a photo album. She opens it and sees many of Ritsu's baby pictures.

Suddenly, they hear a voice over the call. "Takeru-san, Nana-san, please check this out. There's something wrong with the system."

"We need to go now, Ritsu! Bye! Have fun with your girlfriend!" Ritsu's parents then end the call.

Meanwhile, Hayasaka is still browsing through Ritsu's baby pictures.

"You were so cute here." Hayasaka points out a picture of baby Ritsu during his preschool days.

"I know."

"Oh is this Haru-san?" She points at a picture where Ritsu and Haru were playing when they were kids.

"Yeah. She looks really different, right?"

Hayasaka continues browsing the album.

"Aw, you were so cute! What happened?" Hayasaka teases Ritsu.

"What do you mean what happened? You still fell in love with me." Ritsu strikes back.

The two of them laugh.

"I know. I love you, Ritsu-kun."