Chapter 14: Ritsu Likes Romance Movies

"I'm sorry!" Haru apologizes.

"You two do know i can hear you, right?" Ritsu tells the two girls, laughing.

"So, about you being my girlfriend..." He looks at Hayasaka and smirks.

"Dummy!"

"Hehe, it was worth a shot."

Suddenly, Haru receives a call from her workplace.

"I gotta go. Ritsu, stay safe, 'kay? I'll come back tomorrow morning. Hayasaka-chan, could you stay with Ritsu?" Haru asks Hayasaka a favor.

Hayasaka, surprised by the sudden request, politely agrees.

"Thank you so much! I'll leave you two some money if you need anything. Bye!" Haru hurriedly leaves.

Hayasaka then pulls out her phone and calls her mom.

"Mom, I'm at the hospital. Ritsu-kun broke his arm and his sister had to leave, so I'm staying over for the night. I'll come home first thing in the morning."

"Oh, it's alright sweetie! Do you want me to come over? Is Ritsu-kun doing okay?"

"...It's fine, mom. He's doing well."

At the bed, Ritsu's still eating his protein bar.

"Okay, stay safe sweetie! I love you!"

"Love you too, mom."

Hayasaka hangs up.

"About being your girlfriend..."

"Yeah?" Ritsu says with a confused look on his face.

"Why don't you ask me again next time?" Hayasaka winks.

Ritsu gasps, and shouts in excitement.

"Hey, hey! Don't move around too much!"

"I'm sorry my sister had to make you stay."

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Anyways... What do we do now?" Ritsu asks Hayasaka.

"I dunno... watch some tv, i guess?"

They turn on the television, and the only thing playing are romcom movies.

"I'll go and get some snacks at the vending machine." Hayasaka tells Ritsu, and leaves.

Once outside the door, Ritsu whispers something.

"...I love you, Ai Hayasaka."

After a few minutes, Hayasaka comes back with snacks.

The two of them watch a movie together, until Ritsu falls asleep again.

Hayasaka turns off the television, holds Ritsu's right hand, and takes a nap beside the bed.