Chapter-12

Naina covers herself with the shawl and comes to the rooftop of the building.

When the cold breeze hits her face,she sighed.

"Yaha aa kar kitna accha laga..kitni shaanti mili,ek yahi jagah toh Sukoon milta hai."

Naina feels calm and relaxed.

She locks the door and sat there,her back was at the door.

She keeps her face on her knees and looked up.

"Kitna aacha mausam hai..aur chaand ko dekho kitna khoobsurat lag raha hai.
Naina tu shayad zyada soch rahi hai...sab theek hai...ab itna mat soch...Sameer ke baarein mein soch - soch kar pagal hi ho jayegi."

Naina thought and smiled.

This place,the Rooftop,was not any hidden spot for Naina,Tai ji knew about it.
Thanks to Tai ji that Naina got to find this place for herself ,a place to calm herself.

When she first time came here,she was feeling scared and was crying because at that time she was just 7-8 years old.

Naina always tries her best to not make any mistakes which will make Tai ji upset because whenever she had did,she had to face severe punishments.

Naina still remembers that one time,when she had spilled the hot tea on Tai ji's hand, however Tai ji's hand didn't burn but still she got so angry that for the whole day, she locked Naina in her room,no food...no water, nothing.

And when Tai ji told about this incident to Tau ji ,in a twisted way, that how Naina had deliberately spilled tea on her and how she was misbehaving too.

Tauji too got angry and slapped her.

Naina pleaded and said sorry many times but no one listened her,she clearly remembers the punishment Tau ji gave to teach her a lesson.

"Isse aaj puri raat ghar ke bahar rakho apne aap dimag sahi jagah par aa jayega...pata chal jayega ki bado ka aadar kaise karte hai."

That was his words,Naina still remembers how she pleaded to Tau ji that she will be careful next time...that she will not repeat this mistake ever again but he didn't listen and Tai ji throws her out of the house.

"O Bai,itna kya ro rahi hai..ek din ki baat hai..or zyada shor mat macha padosi jag jayenge...ek raat bahar rahegi to apne aap line par aa jayegi..ha ek aur baat Bela ke yaha jaane ki zarurat nahi..samjhi."

Naina being a small child at that time was feeling scared,she was all alone in the night.For almost 2-3 hours,she remains standing in the front of the apartment, in this hope that maybe Tai ji or Tau ji will open the door, but no one came.

It was almost midnight when Naina decided to go on the rooftop.

On reaching there,she closes the door and sat on the floor her eyes were burning because of continuous crying,her throat was dry,her legs were paining because of standing for so many hours,she was feeling hungry too,her cheeks were hurting because of that slap..she knew her cheek must have turned red now....but to whom...to whom could she complain?

The answer was no one.

No one....not even to his father,Naina was sure if she would told him,he will definitely scold her maybe punish her again.

She looked up at the sky,the twinkling of stars and the shining moon all this view made her feel calm and relaxed,she was not feeling scared at time.
It was like magic, she was finally feeling peace.

And that's how this place,this rooftop becomes her peaceful spot, whenever she get sad,angry or whenever she wants to cry she would come over here.

Just looking at the sky,stars and moon,she would forget all her worries,tension and her mood becomes happy.

Scene change

Sameer was too looking at the sky.

"Sach mein raat to aasman kitna sundar ho jata hai..yeh jhilmil karte hue sitare,yeh chaand..sab kitna sundar hai."

He sighed and closes his eyes.

"Munna, Pandit toh bakwaas hi karte hai...mein kyu itna soch raha hu or apna dimag kharab kar raha hu..itna accha mausam hai isse enjoy karta hu...Arre Radio fir se on karta hu."

Sameer was going to turn on the radio when his eyes fell on the guitar beside his cupboard.

"Arre yeh guitar toh storeroom tha yha kaise...lagta hai mummy ne storeroom saaf karaya hoga."

He smiled and picked his guitar.

"Kitna time hogaya mujhe guitar bajaye hue...chalo,aaj ek gaana ho hi jaye."

Sameer said to himself.

Scene change

Naina was still sitting at the same position, looking at the beautiful night sky.

She was looking at the moon and smiling.

"Jab se Sameer meri zindagi mein aaya hai,tab se yeh chaand ki jagah hamesha uska chehra nazar aaya hai.
Kehte hai ki jisse aap sabse zyada chahte ho uske chehra hi apko chand mein dhikta hai,mera mann toh issi khayal mein khush ho jata hai."

Naina was happily looking at her Sameer,at the moon.

"Kya Sameer ko bhi koi dikhta hoga chand mein...jo bhi hoga bohat lucky hoga."
Naina sighed and closes her eyes.

Scene change

Sameer wasn't able to decide which song to sing.

"Jeeta tha jiske liye..hmm..ek minute mein yeh sad song kyu gaa raha hu..yaar konsa gaana gau."

He sighed and looked at the moon.

"Suna toh hai ki jisse tum pyaar karte ho uska chehra nazar aata hai chaand mein..but aisa kuch nahi hai..mujhe toh chaand, chaand jaisa hi dikh raha hai."

Just then,a song came in his mind.
Sameer picked his guitar and started singing that song.

"Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Mein Aana
Dheere Dheere Se Mere Dil Ko Churaana
Tum Se Pyaar Humein Kitna Hai Jaane Jaana
Tumse Milkar Tumko Hai Bataana."

Scene Change

Naina opens her eyes when she heard some noise.

"Kisi ne lagta hai radio on kiya hai..chalo accha hai."

That person turns up the volume and Naina could now hear the song clearly.

Hearing that song,she smiled and blushed.

"Perfect timing..Perfect gaana."

[Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Mein Aana
Dheere Dheere Se Mere Dil Ko Churaana
Tum Se Pyaar Humein Kitna Hai Jaane Jaana
Tumse Milkar Tumko Hai Bataana

Jabse Tujhko Dekha Dil Ko Koi Aaraam Nahin
Mere Hothon Pe Ek Tere Siva Koi Naam Nahin
Apna Bhi Haal Tumhare Jaisa Hai Saajan
Bas Yaad Tujhe Karti Hoon Aur Koi Kaam Nahin
Ban Gaya Hoon Main Tera Deewana
Dheere Dheere Se Dil Ko Churaana]

Hope you liked it.
Please vote and comment.

Till then...
Yeh unn dino ki baat hai..