Chapter-13

After making breakfast,Naina was getting ready for school when she remembers.

"Arre ha, school ka Annual day function hai parso toh...kya karu harr baar ki tarah papa ko batau ki award mil raha hai aap waha per honge toh aacha lagega...magar woh harr baar ki tarah mana hi karenge..nahi Naina woh mana kare toh kare tujhe unhe bolna toh chahiye warna woh yahi samjhenge ki mein unki izzat nahi karti."

Naina like every child wants someone to praise her to encourage her...she too wants someone to be there for her when she receives an award,she want someone to say..that they were proud...proud that she was their child.

Whenever she looks at other children, at the stage , receiving an award and smiling, looking at their parents or friends.

She always felt bad...why couldn't she have that kind of happiness?

Then,why Naina studies so hard? Why she always tries to be perfect? And why she  have to act maturely everytime?

Naina too wants to act like her age...like every girl of her age does,she wants to hang out with her friends,she wants to watch films and enjoy her life to the fullest but she doesn't want to....the reason was,her father.

Her studying hard, getting an award and being a perfect child was only for one reason...she was doing all this for her father's attention.

Naina wants her father to be proud of her and for once ,he will not took her as a burden...may be one day she will too get the love and attention of his father.

She sometime feel jealous of his brother,as Rakesh had always cared about him..his only priority was Arjun...but Naina too wants to feel the fatherly love that's why she tries her best to be perfect child.

"Arre Naina nashta table per laga de..kaha reh gayi."

Tai ji's voice brought Naina out of her thoughts.

She quickly went outside and started serving everyone breakfast.

After serving,she kept standing there.

"Arre aaj late na ho raha tujhe school ke liye khade khade kya muh dekh rahi hai jaa."
Tai ji scolded her.

Naina nodded but didn't move from her place.

She took a deep breath and said,"papa woh school mein Annual day function aa raha hai."

Rakesh interrupted her,"mujhe pata hai, school ka librarian hu toh kya tujhe kya lagta hai tera baap school mein maakhi maarta hai..kya meri koi izzat nahi waha per."

"Nahi papa mera woh matlab nahi tha woh mein toh bus aapko yeh batana chah rahi thi ki iss saal mujhe award mil raha hai bss yahi batana tha."
Naina said and meekly smiled.

"Mubarak ho behna..iss saal bhi Student of the year award mil raha hai kya?"
Arjun said.

Naina nodded and then looked at her father.

Rakesh didn't said anything,he finished his breakfast and went from there.

"O bai,award hi mila hai itna kya khush hone wali baat hai...yeh padhai ,yeh award isko dekh kar koi shaadi ke liye haa nahi bolega..log rang roop wali aur gharelu ladki ko hi pasand karte hai..jo tu bilkul nahi hai..uska kuch kar."

Tai ji said and went from there.

Naina sighed and felt a hand on her head.

"Bura mat maan ,Tai ji ka toh kaam hi hai zaher ugalna."
Arjun consoled and patted her head.

She just smiled and went to the school.

Scene Change

"Sameer aaram se nashta kar..dheere."
Vishakha said.