One

Dr.Julia Matthews heels clicked on the tiled floor of Arkham Asylum as she made her way to her office that morning. Before heading into her office to start her day of sifting through paperwork to file away she stopped at the nurses station. "Hey Martha how are you doing" she said with a smile.

"Very good Dr. Matthews here is your coffee" she said handing the young doctor the coffee she always had waiting for her.

"Thank you Martha you're an angel" she replied.

"That reminds me" she said grabbing a file from off the desk. "You have a new patient" she replied holding up the file.

Julia took the file and read the name. "Jonathan Crane. I thought my request to be his new doctor was denied."

" apparently not because he's yours now. But please Julia be careful with him"

"Dont worry Martha I'll be fine"

"I'm just worried because you're a pretty girl and well he's a man. No telling what he would do if he happened to take a liking to you. Just think of that cop. The one the riddler ended up getting eyes for."

" She moved away to get away from him didn't she. "

"Word is she went back to him. She goes  by a new name now. I overheard Dent talking about it. She married him"

"Oh wow."

" all I'm saying is be careful girl. These rogues are excellent manipulators. "

"You don't have to worry about me Martha. I'm not so easily fooled."

" I know you are I just don't want what happened to Haven Wayne or Harleen Quinzel to happen to you. You best be off your first appointment with Crane is at 9:00 and I'm sure you want to read his file"

"Thank you Martha" she replied before turning on her heels and heading to her office.

Once there she unlocked her door and turned on the light. She made her way to her desk setting her coffee and the file down before bending over to turn on her computer. Once it was on she sat down and typed in her password. After logging into her computer she took hold of the file and began to read it.

After about thirty minutes she set the file down and sat back in her chair. "Hmm what makes you tick Dr.Crane? What goes through your head?" She asked herself. In truth ever since she started at the Asylum she had harbored a fascination for the former psychiatrist. So when she heard that his doctor quit on him she put in a request but it was denied. Now here his file sat on her desk and she had an appointment with him at 9. She guessed the more experienced doctors didn't want him. So she figured that was why Warden Sharp took back his denial.

Julia turned to her computer and decided to do some work on it before her appointment with Jonathan Crane. She worked for a solid hour when a knock came on her door. "Come in" she called.

Aaron Cash opened the door and said "Hey Dr.Matthews I have Crane here for you"

"Thank you bring him in"

Julia watched as they brought Crane in. He was in a straight jacket. Probably due to the incident with his last doctor. Cash set him down in the chair in front of her desk and said "I'll be right outside"

"Thank you aaron" she said as he walked out the door leaving her alone with the scarecrow.