Four

Julia made her way inside the dinner she was meeting her uncle in and sat down at a booth to wait on him. After a few minutes commissioner James Gordon walks through the door. Julia stood up and gave him a hug. "Hey kiddo how are you doing?" He asked.

"Great I um got a new patient today" she replied.

"Oh really. It isn't one of the rogues is it" her uncle replied with concern etched in his voice.

"Well um" she replied sheepishly.

"It is isn't it"

"Yeah"

"Who is it."

" Jonathan Crane"

"Julia no. He's dangerous." He said sternly.

"I'm the only doctor willing to take him"

Jim sighed and said "please just be careful"

"Don't worry uncle. I already got a lecture from one of the nurses"

"Good I'm glad to hear someone is looking out for you in that place."

The two ordered their food ate and went their separate ways.

Once back at the Asylum Julia finished up her work then headed home.

*A week later*

Julia sat at her desk getting ready for her appointment with Crane. She sighed as she wondered who she would be talking to today. Dr. Crane or the scarecrow. Either way both of them would be exhausting. Soon a knock sounded on her door. "Come in" she called.

This should be fun.

Sounded a voice in her head. A voice she hadn't heard in along time. She was so taken back that when the door opened and cash walked in she heard Crane say "what's the matter Dr. You look fearful. "

Julia looked up and him quickly composing her self. "Its nothing. Please sit"

Jonathan took his seat in front of the desk. "I'll be right outside" cash said before walking out the door.

"Good afternoon Jonathan how are you"

"I could be better"

"How so"

"I would much rather be out there than in here" he replied.

"Well I'm sorry about that but I'm afraid you won't be able to go anywhere anytime soon"

"So what was wrong doctor. You looked so afraid. Want to tell me what's frightened you"

"I don't think it's appropriate to be talking about that"

"Don't think it's appropriate or you won't talk about it to me"

"Please Jonathan this isn't about me it's about you."

" did you hear a voice in your head"

Julia was shocked for a brief moment then said "no"

I will say he is very attractive. The things I would do for him.

Julia shook her head trying to rid herself of the voice. Meanwhile Jonathan smirked. It would appear that his doctor like himself had a dark side. "Are you sure about that Dr. Matthews" Jonathan asked.

" please that's enough" she replied.

"You know I wonder what you would look like. Lying on the floor screaming" he said his voice darker and more raspy than before.

Julia's eyes widened. So this was the scarecrow. "So you're scarecrow"

"You would be correct"

"So tell me scarecrow what is your purpose"

"To inflict fear to Gotham"

"Oh really because it seems to me as you were created to protect Jonathan."

" No" he said his voice even more darker than before.

"But I think so. Jonathan was weak until you came along. You have this need to protect him is that right"

Scarecrow was silent and she knew she had bested him. The Scarecrow wanted to protect Jonathan because without Jonathan Crane he couldn't cause the fear he so much desired. A knock sounded on the door as cash made his way back in. "Time to go crane" he said hand cuffing him and leading  him out.