Sick In Bed

Lucy's POV

What was Gray doing...no no it was nothing, I should just ignore it. I walked back to the guild and back to Natsu's side.

"Lucy, where did Gray take you? Are you ok?" Seeing Natsu so concerned for me makes me smile. I held his hand and squeezed it a bit.

"I'm fine. Gray just wanted to tell me something...in private.." I whispered the last part, remembering what Gray did to me just now. Natsu must have seen it because he suddenly carried me up and swung me around.

"I should take you home. You seem a bit distracted today. Maybe you're sick or something." Natsu said as he marched out the guild with me in his arms. I felt my face turned entirely red. It was so embarrassing! No matter how many times I told him to put me down he refused, he seemed genuinely worried for me and that made me feel guilty. I decided to keep quiet and let him carry me to my house.

We entered my house and he placed me gently on the bed. He leaned down and placed his forehead to mine to check if I had a fever. My face was burning. Without saying a word, Natsu went to the bathroom to take a wet cloth out. He placed it on my forehead and sat down on the floor beside me. I must've caught a slight fever when we went to the amusement park. It rained a bit on the way back but only a bit so I didn't bother changing my clothes. Idiot decision that was.

Natsu's POV

Lucy has been acting weird since she met up with Gray, what did that stripping bastard do to Lucy.

"Lucy, what did Gray want to tell you just now?"

"E-eh..oh um he um wanted to congratulate us for being together." She's lying, I can tell.

"But why didn't he congratulate us at the guild and why only you?"

Lucy hesitated to answer. She's probably thinking of answers.

"Oh he felt kinda shy to congratulate us then and there plus he and you are kinda enemies remember?"

Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe it's nothing. I placed my hand on Lucy's and squeezed it gently. She smiled and I could feel a warm feeling inside me.

"Lucy, what do you want for lunch? I'll go buy it."

"Something warm"

I left Lucy to rest while I went to buy lunch.

Gray's POV

I saw Lucy sick in bed and decided to pay a little visit. I jumped into her house through the window. Her face was stunned.

"Lucy, I heard you were sick. Are you ok?" I was trying to be nice but her reaction showed me otherwise.

"I don't want to talk to you. Please gtfo now." I got pissed I grabbed her wrist and pinned her down. I sat on her and said

"I'm not trying to be the bad guy, I just hate that you and that fire brat are together. Will you please just break up with him?"

"No, I have no reason to break up with Natsu. I love him and he loves me too. You can just forget about the idea of me breaking up with him. Leave me and Natsu alone Gray. You don't have the rights to interfere." With that I released Lucy and got off her.

"I'm not gonna let it end like this. You better watch out Lucy Heartifillia. You're gonna leave him one way or the other." I gave a warning and left.

Natsu's POV

Why was Gray in Lucy's house. Crap did something happen? I rushed into the house and saw Lucy still lying there. Thank God Gray didn't do anything to hurt her, I swear if even a single strand of her hair was damaged I will kill him. I set the food down on the table and went over to Lucy.

I gently held her hand but she withdrew it. She has never taken her hand away from me before. What's wrong? I interlocked my fingers with hers and she pulled away again. I turned her head to face me and she was crying. I quickly held her in my arms. Trying to comfort her as best as I can. Gray...