The War that ended long ago

Natsu's POV

I felt soft, warm hands on my back. I woke up to see Lucy hugging me. I pushed her arm away from me, after what happened last night, I couldn't see her without feeling pain. Lucy opened her eyes and gave me a smile.

"Ohayo Natsu. How is your head doing?"

"Ohayo.." I left the tent but Lucy grabbed my arm before I could leave. She pulled me back in and asked.

"What's wrong Natsu? Why are you being so cold to me?" Anger filled me. How could she act so innocent after what happened last night.

"Why don't you tell me what's wrong. Why was Gray kissing you yesterday? How could you do that to me behind my back?" Lucy fell silent. She looked at me with dead serious eyes. There was a tiny hint of hurt in them.

"Then why was Lisanna kissing you?" Uh oh...how did she know. Well I can't hide it from her any longer, might as well tell her about it.

"Gray told me he liked you. He told me he was going to snatch you away from me, I don't want that. I want you to stay by me all the time. I waited for you at your house and then Lisanna came. She knew something was wrong so I told her about it. She told me to hold you tight, to never let you go or she will take me away from you. She told me to cheer up and gave me a kiss to help lighten my mood."

"Oh...I'm so sorry I didn't know..I thought..Lisanna was trying to seduce you and you kinda liked it. Sorry..and about the kiss Gray gave me..its the same story. I was feeling hurt about Lisanna giving you a kiss and I confided in him about it. He gave me a kiss to cheer me up. He told me I should tell you about it but I didn't find a right time to..sorry Natsu. Will you forgive me?"

I smiled at Lucy and gave her a warm hug.

"Baka, I can never stay mad at you. But if you insist on repaying me, why don't you go on another date with me after this?"

Lucy's POV

Natsu's breath make me blush. It's so warm and his voice, it's so calming. I nod hugging him tight.

"I love you Lucy"

"I love you too Natsu" we stayed like that for a while. It was nice being in Natsu's strong arms, I felt protected and loved. I wonder does he feel the same way when I hug him.

"Natsu, Lucy, come out. Let's pack up and leave, we're almost at our destination." Erza was calling, which interrupted our moment but she's right, we had to go if we want to finish the quest. I pulled away from Natsu and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

We left our campsite and headed for the village we had to go to. We were supposed to protect the village from angry spirits. The village was a war zone in the past and many people died there. The spirits were soldiers from the war and they will rise up from the dead on every full moon and attack each other till the night was over. Houses would be destroyed, live stock will get killed, sometimes people would get injured severely too. Our mission is to stop them from fighting each other, to let them know the war is long over so they will rest in peace.

"The full moon is tonight, so everyone make haste." It was 4pm when we reached the village, 2 more hours till they arrive.

"Everyone rest up for now. We need our strength for later." Erza instructed. Natsu and I sat together along with Happy.

"So, did you ever liked Lisanna before?"

"Nope. You're my first."

"Have you liked Gray before?"

"No, you're my first too."

We ended up asking each other about everyone in the guild out of boredom. 2 hours was up before we even knew it.

"Villagers, get into your houses for safety, the rest of you, get ready." Villagers rushed into their homes, leaving only the few of us. Mist started to appear around the village. What an eerie atmosphere.

Natsu held me hand tight as slightly transparent figures start to appear. They were wearing armour and welding swords. Soldiers appeared on the two sides of the village and all of us were in the centre. One of the figure from each side walked up to us.

"Could you people please move out of the way, we are at war and you guys are in the middle of it."

"We are not moving because there is no war. The war that happened here ended ages ago, and you guys are all dead."

"LIES. If we were dead, why are we still here? How do you explain that?"

"All of you must have something holding you back, something that doesn't allow you guys to move on." Erza was amazing, she spoke with confidence, not flinching when the army of ghosts came closer.

"You leave us no choice, since you won't move out of the way, we'll just attack." Both armies charged for us with their weapons, even if they are ghost, they could still hurt us with their weapons. The weapons didn't pass through the house or anything, they just sliced through it and soon they're gonna slice through us.