uh oh

John forced himself to keep looking at Alexander, who just stared back. Neither spoke, and neither looked out below them at the ground, which looked, far, far, away.

Alexander wasn't necessarily "afraid of heights" and neither was John. It was the type of situation that scared them.

They looked at each other. Both searched for something to say, the soft but burning sensation of fear licking up their ankles.

"So what do you want to talk about, so we can somehow avoid the fear of the both of us falling to our deaths?" Alexander said rather quickly, looking at John.

"Hmm. Ourselves. I know some about you, but I mean like what we like, are scared of, you know, that jazz." John replied, smiling.

"Hm. I like cats. Except for when they climb all over my laptop and delete the 525,600 characters or words I just finished typing." Alexander laughed.

"I love turtles! The way they flap their tiny little fins, their eyes, all of it! They're part of why I like drawing/painting animals!"

"You draw? If we ever get down, can you show me some back at your house?" Alexander said, John rubbing the back of his neck.

"I don't think you should really come inside my house right now." He chuckled softly, smiling.

"Why's that?"

"My house is being cleaned."

Alexander could feel that John wasn't really telling him everything that was going on. He didn't want to believe that John was possibly was being abused, but Alexander sort of had to.

He decided not to act on his thoughts until John possibly confessed about it, or Alexander had enough evidence.

"How much do you want to bet Laf is screaming in french at the ferris wheel?" John stated, Alexander laughing.

" LES AMANTS SONT-ILS OK?! (ARE THE LOVERS OK?!)" A voice screamed from below, causing Alexander to start coughing, his face red as a tomato.

John looked at him in concern, and carefully reached over, patting his back. "What was Laffayate screaming?"

Alexander shook his head, sitting up. He just started talking again, as if nothing happened, and John just went along with it, still confused.

||Alexander's Room. He's on the phone with Hercules. It's been a few hours after getting down.||

"You're saying that you think he's being abused?" Hercules stated after listening Alexander speak for a moment.

"Yes."

"Hm. I can see why you think that after all.. Well, as much it pisses me off that this might be going on,   I don't think we can really do much except gather evidence."

"I know.." Alexander bit his lip.

"I'll talk with Laf about it, alright? I'm sorry I wasn't much help." Hercules said, sighing.

"It's alright. Well I'll see you Monday."

"See you Monday." Hercules hung up.

Alexander sighed softly, flopping back onto his bed, burying his face in his pillow.

Shit.