Fear

Alexander looked at John. He didn't know what to say. He really should've planned something.

"I was worried. You haven't been acting normal, you're covering your arms up more...." Alexander sighed, sitting on the bed next to John.

"I might as well spill the information, right?" John looked at his bruises, Alexander nodding.

"My dad's an alcoholic. He beats me, but doesn't touch my little siblings, since I defend them." John sighed.

"Where are your little siblings?" Alexander asked, turning towards him.

"They're staying with a friend right now."

"Pack your bags."

"What?" John looked at Alexander, blinking.

"I'm not letting that asshole touch you anymore. It's been confirmed. You're coming with me." Alexander narrowed  his eyes, standing up.

"Does Washington even know?" John sat up, looking at him still.

"He'll understand." Alexander shrugged, pulling a suitcase out of John's closet. "Now start packing."

"Jeez dude." John got up, wincing. He limped over to his dresser, pulling out clothes, while Alexander grabbed another suitcase and put extra things inside.

John looked at Alexander.

"How are we gonna get this stuff out without my dad noticing?"

Alexander looked around, trying to find a solution to the issue John mentioned.

"How about you climb out the window, and I'll toss you some pillows and blankets once you're down, so you can build a platform for the suitcases to land on?' He replied, gathering up such items as he had said.

" I think that might work. " John nodded as he proceeded to climb out the window, carefully.

Alexander waited, making sure there was no cars to witness,  then tossed blankets and pillows out the window, watching as John set up a platform.

John gave him a thumbs up, clearing him to carefully toss the suitcases onto the makeshift platform. Luckily, they didn't burst open.

Alexander carefully climbed down, picking up John's suitcases, since he didn't really want him carrying anything.

Together, the two walked back to Washington's, neither really speaking at all.

Martha opened the door, her eyes softening when she saw John and the two suitcases.

"You must be John. Come in." She stepped out of the way so he could walk in, watching as he looked around in awe at the entrance.

"Where will I be sleeping?" John looked at Martha, already being able to tell she didn't need to be told why he was asking.

"The guest room." Martha smiled. "It's right next to Alex's, so you can go right to him if you need anything."

John nodded and went upstairs, Alexander having already went to bed after laying John's suitcases on the guest bed.

John laid down, glad he could finally sleep in peace. He didn't have any worries, his father not in the house, and his siblings safe and sound.

In the middle of the night, there was a loud crack of thunder, causing John to sit bolt upright.

Amongst the rain and thunder he heard another sound in the room next to him.

Sobbing?