Coffee ☕

AN: helpless started playing when I was writing this, I -)

Alexander looked at Martha who was adjusting his shirt. "Martha, it's just a date, besides, we're barely anything yet."

She narrowed her eyes. "Listen, my son is not getting dumped on his first date. Besides, Laurens is perfect." Martha huffed, grabbing her make up and applying it to Alexander's face, despite his protests.

"Martha please, it's just a date."

She ignored him. "If you two get busy, make sure you wear a condom."

"MaRtHa -"

Alexander screeched, turning beet red as Martha smirked.

There was a knock on the door and Martha softly squealed, jumping up and down like a small child. She pushed Alexander to the door then hid behind the stairwell.

Alexander opened the door. He saw an anxious John Laurens, who was dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans. Would it be proper to call John his now? Alexander smiled and took John by the hand.

"Shall we?" He bowed slightly, John chuckling slightly. John nodded and lead Alexander to his kind of beat up pickup. John had tried his best to get any trace of alcohol, weed or anything else that would be incriminating, as his father used the truck. Sadly, he couldn't completely rid of the weed scent.

"John, do you smoke or something?" Alexander asked, immediately catching on. John flinched slightly.

"My dad has a friend who does." He lied, starting the truck.

Alexander was silent, but let him drive to the cafe. He smiled at John, who smiled back. Alexander turned to the window again.

John parked the car, getting out and opened the door for Alexander. Alexander smiled and thanked him, taking him by the hand as they walked inside. Walking up to the register, Alexander looked at John.

"What do you want?"

John thought a moment. "Black coffee, whipped cream and caramel on top."

Alexander chuckled and made finger guns at him, winking. "I like your style Laurens." He turned to the cashier. "I'll have the same as him."

The cashier nodded and smiled. Alexander paid, John sighing. "Lexi, you didn't have to do that. I could've pa-" He was cut off Alexander putting a finger to his lips. Alexander giggled, removing his finger, he booped John's nose and skipped off to a table, a flustered John following.

Alexander looked up at him, smiling. John shifted slightly, chuckling nervously. He looked at Alexander and smiled. "So, what do you want to talk about?" John asked, Alexander tapping his cheek as it rested on the palm of his hand.

"Jenna Roland is apparently hosting a big party in a couple months. " Alexander paused then narrowed his eyes. "Thomas Jeffershit better not ruin my time or I personally assemble a fucking cabinet, and rap his a as out."

John chuckled, sipping his drink as it bad arrived. "Wow my date is a tough man? I'm surprised since he's really small." He stated, Alexander huffing as he waved John off.

"You'd die for me sweetheart ~" Alexander winked and John blushed.

They would talk for awhile, though eventually having to part. John drove Alexander home, smiling. Martha and Washington, to no one's surprise, bombarded him with questions about what happened during the date. Alexander answered them, and after that experience, he just decided 'fuck work' and went to bed. Though, before falling asleep, he texted John.

A.H
I love you.