Moving In

Alexander looked around his new room, taking it all in. He smiled slightly, just glad someone had adopted him, so soon. Alexander knew that others weren't as lucky and would go until they were an adult without ever getting the forever home they needed.

Still, as happy as he was, Alexander wasn't satisfied.

The others should join in with me! See that I got an opportunity. Oh wait... He sighed. He still hadn't told them he was an orphan immigrant. Well, Lafayette, and John knew, but Lafayette had just guessed.

Alexander couldn't help but admit it at the time, and it was just them as well. Besides, Lafayette was from France, so Alexander could relate to him more than he could the others.

As he stared out the window, his mind drifted to the hurricane. He wondered how many children would never get the chance, never get the chance of a bright future, never get the chance of happiness, and never have what Alexander had.

Alexander hated the thought of it, but he couldn't do anything. The scars left behind were still visible on his chest, the mental pain he went through bearable, but it didn't ease his anger at how many were left behind, and the ever growing number that didn't deserve the losses they suffered.

There was a soft knock on the door frame, and Alexander turned. He smiled upon seeing John, who was smiling widely. Then Alexander tilted his head.

"How did you get in?"

" Martha...is it? " John chuckled. "She let me in. She seemed really happy I came to see how you were doing."

"That's good. And I thank you." Alexander bowed, making the two of them laugh.

"I wanted to ask you something. That's more or so the reason I'm here." John looked down as he blushed, fiddling with his hands a bit.

"What is it?" Alexander looked at him, slightly worried.

"You won't hate me, right?" John looked up a bit, smiling. Alexander shook his head, stepping toward him.

"Lexi, do you want to go on a date with me?"

Alexander's eyes widened a bit, then he smiled. John looked at him, slightly hopeful, but more doubtful than anything else.

"Of course I would!" Alexander chuckled and hugged him tightly. John blushed and smiled, then paused.

"Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

They looked down the hallway to see Martha taking some money from Washington.

"Were they seriously...?"

Alexander nodded, but stayed silent, just happy.

And maybe, just a bit,

Satisfied.