Wake

~3 months later~

Alexander was sitting at his desk, writing.

Ever since the day at the hospital, he hardly left his room.

School was pretty much over; just a few days left. He was still waiting for the call.

The call that would inform John was dead. That his suffering was finally over.

'A coma. Haven't I had enough worry?' Alexander sighed, running a hand through his hair.

He hardly spoke at all. Well he spoke, but it was mostly muttering to himself, and strangers thought he was insane.

He didn't care.

Alexander swung his bag over his shoulder, and walked downstairs, slipping his flip-flops on.

"Alex-hun, where are you going?"  Martha asked, popping her head in.

"To visit John." Alexander gave a small smile.

"Okay. Be back in time for dinner." She replied. "If you need anything, give me a call."

She watched as he left, sighing.

--

"John, I brought you some things today." Alexander whispered, pulling a bird and a turtle plushy.

He set them on the pile of things on the bedside table next to John.

"I know you really like birds and turtles..." Alexander smiled softly, squeezing John's hand.

He silently stared at the monitor as it beeped.

Slowly.

But steadily.

"I hope you wake up soon, but that's not likely,  is it?" Alexander chuckled, watching John.

He saw John's eyelids twitch, and his heart fluttered.

"John? Can you hear me?" Alexander's eyes lit up.

This event had happened before,  but John hadn't woken up. So therefore, Alexander wasn't getting his hopes too high.

Or at least, trying to.

"John, come on! You can wake up,  I know you can! Everyone's waiting for you at home, and everyone misses you, so much." Alexander smiled as John's eyelids twitched again, tearing up.

"We can get you therapy and everything. I'll be there, just please wake up."

Alexander watched John, practically squeezing the life out of his hand.

"Come on.. Come on.."

The moment he heard John groan, Alexander cheered, hugging him tightly.

And so, their road to recovery began.

~5 years later ~

"Phillip! Get back here!" Alexander shouted, running after the two year old in his suit.

John watched his adopted son, and new husband running, wheezing as he did so.

"Mon ami, those two will be the death of us all." Lafayette wrapped an arm around John's shoulders, chuckling as he sipped his drink.

"Hey, I'm just glad to have them." John smiled.

"Oui, me too." Lafayette looked at him. "Life treating you well?"

"Yep! We're starting to potty train Phillip. And my god, it's a lot of work." John laughed.

"Who would have thought? You and mon frère?" Lafayette chuckled.

"The entire group was betting on us dude."

"I know."

"You never know. Oreos, coffee, and fun mix, amiright?" John laughed, clinking his glass of champagne with Lafayette's.

"Oui."

The End

(Hello! In all honesty, this book was really cringey, and not my favorite piece of work.
And yes, there will be a sequel.
Which will be written in a much better way-)
(Until next time, my guys, gals and non binary pals,
Peace out 🐦)