12. B A X

"Find all you can on a Lucy, raven hair, works as a doctor." I demanded down the phone to Liam.

"Hi to you too Bax! How's your day going? Mines going great!"

"Shut the fuck up! You owe me this."

"I owe you nothing, I didn't do anything."

"Please! I need this." I begged.

"Only if you tell me who she is, and why you need so much information on her. Does Melissa and daddy know about her?"

"She's having my baby, and of course they don't why should they?!"

Was this man for real? They had no purpose in my life, no reason to even know me, yet he thought they had rights to know the woman in my life?

"Because he's just proposed to you. Literally. Also I thought you said she was having your baby a second ago, what did you say sorry?"

"I did say that. She is having my baby." I clarified, again.

Silence drifted heavy through the phone.

"W-what, how?"

"You know I don't want to get cocky, but how do you think Liam? How do two people usually conceive a child? Huh?" My bluntness had spiralled. He was getting on my last nerve, was we playing twenty questions now?

"Okay okay okay, I get it. I know how you make a baby. You've fucked her so what do you need? a way to get rid of her or something?"

Now he was being blunt.

"No!" I yelled, growing more and more angry by the minute. "No. I just need to know where she lives. She stormed out and I don't know where she could be I don't even know where she works for Christ sakes." I stressed, rubbing my hand over my face.

"Wait, so why do you want to go to her house? Do you want the baby? Are you both together?"

"Liam if I'd have known you'd ask more questions than actually getting on with the task, I wouldn't have bothered telling you. Yes I want the baby, no we're not together it's complicated."

"Right okay, sorry I'm just a little confused you tell me everything so I'm a little shocked I haven't heard about this yet."

"Well I only found out myself earlier this morning." I raked a hand across my face. I just wanted the task done.

I sunk down onto the bed, laying back trying to get my head around what had happened. In the past five hours my whole life had been turned upside down, and now the woman had gone AWOL.

"Well first then, are you okay? I know after Carla this will be difficult for you."

He was the one who helped pick up the pieces when Carla left. The whole situation was a mess.

"I don't know how I feel, all I know is I want this baby, Liam."

"What about her? The mother I mean, Lucy."

Silence appeared again as I sat and thought about that question. Something about her makes me want to try; makes my whole body light up at the thought, but can I? No matter what I would just get hurt, I'd also have to tell her about my past. Everything that makes me, me.

"So yes. He accused, thinking he was clever to answer for me. I hadn't responded because I was too consumed by my thoughts.

"What?"

"So, yes you want to be with her." He clarified.

"What, no! Look, Liam I need you to look her up, please?"