30. B A X

What just happened?

I lay flat on my back with my arm cradled around Lucy as her head and body lay across me. My eyes were stuck on the perfect white ceiling as I tried to process what just occurred between the two of us. Last time I kissed her, she refused anything else. But today was a different story. We'd just had sex. We'd fucked. Correction: we made love. There's no denying that what just happened was more than just lust or uncontrollable hormones. It was perfect.

Then there was the three worded confession, which I made the rational decision of saying in the process, and earned it straight back. Those words made that orgasm one hundred percent better. Not only did I experience a swarm of tingles up my spine, but my heart fluttered with excitement too. Excitement for the woman who meant the absolute world to me, and had confessed I did to her too.

To say my mind was a mess would be an understatement.

I averted my eyes downwards to her sleepy form and watched her. You'd think I was engrossed in a film or tv show the way my eyes focused so carefully on her every move. I noticed how her breathing was more relaxed, softer even, and how her nose flared a little. Her lips were in a cute pout, making them look more plump and juicy. The temptation to reach down and kiss her, Jesus. And her tiny hand was grasping the bicep on my right arm, as if she didn't want to ever let go. I smiled at that.

After the second round, she was utterly done for. Exhausted and sated. Her hair was splayed out across the feather down pillows, and her body ached. Being the concerned father I was about to become, I didn't want to tire her out even more; I was too worried about our baby so I was adamant she got some rest.

She'd most likely wake up soon, but I was enjoying my view so I didn't want to wake her myself. Not to forget, I could feel the swell of her tummy against my side. I turned a little, trying not to wake her, and placed the palm of my hand across her bump. She stirred a little but fortunately continued her sleep. Even when she was resting our baby was active. He/she wouldn't stop moving, wriggling like a little worm in the little space they had. An automatic grin spread across my face. Everything really was perfect. I just had to make sure I didn't do anything to mess it up.

I hadn't heard off Mr Marvin or Melissa, and I was grateful too. The way he'd backed down was strange, but I didn't want to dwell on it. If I started thinking about it, I'd end up worrying about it, and that was the last thing I wanted to do. Liam said he was 'all bark and no action' with the exception of what he did to Lucy's job. I hope he's right.

"Bax?" I lifted my head up from her bump, and saw her sleepy eyes watching me. They were open just a crack. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just checking on our baby." I kissed her tummy and planted one on her cheek.

She smiled before turning to lay on her back, and releasing a small whine as she stretched. "Oh my, I ache."

"Sorry." I apologised, but I knew from the look on her face I didn't need to. She was glad for the reason she ached.

"You don't need to apologise, silly. But you can give me a massage later."

The thought made my cock hard again. The image of me rubbing my hands all over her body, squeezing and stroking her soft skin everywhere, was heaven.

"I've got the oil and everything." She added as she sat up.

A growl actually came from my throat. She was teasing me. But first we needed to talk. She'd refused anything like this for weeks, so why all of a sudden had she changed her mind? And what did it mean?

"Baby, can we at least talk about what's just happened?" I grabbed her arm as she tried to leave the bed. Her legs were swung over the side and her ass halfway up.