28. B A X

Soft, sweet, alluring. Is how I would describe Lucy's lips. The plump, pink hue, stared back at me, glistening as her tongue swiped across the bottom to moisten the dryness. I could see the thoughts rambling round her head through her facial expression.

Her deep breathing, chest rising as a result, spoke louder than words. As did the crimson tint to her cheeks as her body heated from my closeness. She was in two minds. Do I kiss him? Do I not?

I know she wanted to take things slow, but just looking at her right now I couldn't help myself. I was amazed by how beautiful her body looked. Her belly was swollen as she carried our baby, her boobs had grown even bigger, and she'd filled out a little everywhere else too. She was literally glowing. Maybe it was because she was carrying our baby, but I wanted to devour her body. I wanted my hands caressing her bump as I let my mouth move over hers. I wanted to press tender kisses down her, and grip her peachy bum. I was desperate to get my hands on her.

"We shouldn't do this." She rasped. I could see her fighting herself; hear it even.

"Tell me no, and I'll stop."

I searched her chocolate eyes. My heart sunk when I saw her mouth part even more to speak, and a strangled noise came out. But she didn't say it. Instead, her breathing got heavier and her hands gripped the collar of my shirt.

I waited a painful two seconds before gently placing my lips on hers. It was a simple, chaste kiss. It felt like a first kiss you receive in the playground at school, unsure what the other person actually wants. Yet as soon as I worked my mouth over hers, the heat swarmed us. She was a magnet, and I was a hot piece of metal unable to stop my attraction to her.

I let my other hand sit tight on her tummy, a tingling excitement shooting through my fingers. I knew there were several complications with doing this, but I was willing to risk them all if it meant there was a possibility I'd get my two girls in my arms for the rest of my existence. Yes, I am convinced we are having a girl. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up, not that I'd be disappointed if it is a boy, I'd be just as much over the moon, but I was highly convinced it was going to be a girl.

My mind had ran off track, actually forgetting I was kissing Lucy until a movement under my hand jerked me away.

"What was that?" My voice sounded croaky, and breathy. "Was that bubbles?"

The nickname made me giggle. Why we agreed to it I have no idea, but it was cute I suppose.

She let out a giggle, and nodded. Her cheeks were crimson again, and she chewed her lip between her teeth. She was nervous.

"Why you going all shy on me? Huh?" I teased, falling into the bed and pulling her next to me.

"I'm not, it's just-" she shrugged, taking a moment to think. "I just-" She exhaled again, and looked away. "I don't know."

The shy smile that followed made me smile back. She was cute, and she was making my heart skip a beat sitting there looking so beautiful.

"Maybe it's because I really wanted that, like, I've wanted it for so long but-"

"But what?" I interrupted as she paused again to think.

"But I don't think it was a good idea." She winced, looking down to play with her fingers. A nervous habit I'd become accustomed to. She must of then realised she was still sitting in only her bra and shorts as she quickly scrambled to fling her T-shirt over her head.

"What was so bad about that kiss?" I asked, lying on my side, my head leaning on my hand in a fist.

"It's not the kiss that was bad." She whispered.

"So it was me?" The words tasted like poison. I didn't want that to be the truth. She said she wanted it a second ago, so what did she mean?

The pause that followed made my heart speed up and my body numb with panic. It was the longest thirty seconds of my life.

"It's not you. Well, it is." She corrected. "But not like that." She turned to face me now, her eyes wide as she realised how bad that just sounded.

"Oh god!" She whined, her head falling into her hands. "I just think we need to go slow, I don't know how to trust you."

Her confession made my heart burn. A sharp pain shot at me like a bullet.

"I'm sorry." She said, her voice small and innocent.

How could I hate her? How could I be angry with her? She was lay next to me in pink pyjamas, a small bump, beautiful, and being honest with me. She also had reason to feel like that. No matter how hurt it made me, I couldn't do anything.

"It's okay, I understand." I began. "But that kiss was amazing and just so you know, I can't wait for the day you decide to give me another."

She smiled as she lay back on her pillows.

There was silence for a few seconds as we smiled at each other, until she jumped a little and grabbed my hand.

"Oh my, Bax feel it!" She flattened my hand on her tummy, and I felt the same thing I felt earlier when we kissed.

Her eyes were wide, and a huge smile was plastered on her face as her excitement built.

"Baby can you feel that?" She exclaimed, clearly not realising she'd called me 'baby'.

"Yeah I can." I replied, gazing at her face as I gripped her hand and moved ours together over her bump.

There was a few more wriggles, and then a kick.

I moved my head closer to her tummy, my ears ringing with delight from the sound of her excited giggles, and pressed a trail of kisses across her.

"No! I'm ticklish! Stop!" She screamed, before releasing another fit of giggles.

Teasing her, I pressed another trail of kisses on her bump. Only this time I went lower. It was unintentional, but when I realised my mouth was at the hem of her shorts she froze. I could see how much she wanted me to go further, but also didn't so I refrained from doing so. I wasn't about to do something I knew she would have regretted afterwards. She was too precious.

Instead, I crawled up her body and kissed her forehead before rolling to the side, pulling her into my chest.

"We came up here so you could sleep right?" I said, pulling the quilt snug over our bodies. "Mind if I join you?"

She nodded, relaxed into me, and placed her hand on my torso. She lightly scrunched my t-shirt into her hand, and within seconds I heard her breathing relax. She had fallen asleep.

It took me a while to drop off. I lay thinking about how much I wanted her to be mine, and how frustrating it was to have to wait. At one point she shifted her body so her back was to me. Her shorts had risen, revealing the smooth skin of her ass and my hands itched to squeeze it. Of course that thought followed with a boner I struggled to get rid of, and a rage of sexual frustration. But it isn't just about sex, or about how undeniably sexy she is. My heart longed for her. I was desperate to have the rights to touch her, comfort her, and be hers.

Eventually my brain switched off and I let myself cuddle her. I fell asleep hoping that soon she would trust me again.