29. L U C Y

The closer we got to the baby being born, the closer we became. Bax had stayed over most nights the past few weeks - of course he was sleeping in the spare bedroom. I just didn't want to make a huge mistake sleeping with him. Only, the closer we got the more I wanted to.

We were lay on the sofa, him at one end and me at the other. It had been like that every night he'd been here. Until tonight.

Tonight had to be cold. I tried to hide the fact I was developing goosebumps, and a cold chill kept washing over me, but he noticed anyway. Most likely because he didn't keep his eyes off me.

Sometimes I liked knowing his emerald green eyes were obsessed with looking at me. It sent heat spreading through my body most nights but, when I went to bed, I'd have to deal with it all on my own. Last night I'd used my vibrator three times. Initially, when I started using it a few weeks ago knowing he was here, I was worried he could hear it. Now I just give up caring. Maybe it turns me on a little knowing he can hear what I'm doing, but also my hormones are out of control; I can't afford to care what he thinks.

Anyway, right now I'm cold. Freezing in fact. My own fault for wearing tiny shorts and a T-shirt.

"Baby, come here will you." He shook his head, a sexy grin spread on his face, as he looked at me.

"I'm fine." I tried not to look at him. Because right now he was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and no shirt. I'm sure he was doing it on purpose. Especially when it was obvious he had nothing else underneath those shorts, and I could practically see everything. It was making my libido set fire with need.

"Goddammit." He cursed, and pulled me into his chest in one swift motion.

I was pulled flush against his hard chest, huge sinewy arms spread across me, before I could scream and protest. Yet I didn't want to. I wriggled to get more comfy, feeling something hard poke into my ass. I suppressed a groan when I realised exactly what it was. Huge and needy for me. Wanting me. And god did I want him too.

I took some deep breaths to calm myself before I ended up dropping to my knees and giving into my need for him.

"Are you okay?" He whispered in a deep, gravelly voice, which sent a powerful spark straight to my core.

Swallowing, and wetting my cracked, dry lips, I responded with a shy, "yes."

His arms tightened around me, and there was no movement for a whole minute.

"Have I told you how fucking beautiful you look right now?" Again in that deep, rough voice. This time I failed to suppress the moan that made its way up my throat. Not only did he sound sexy as hell, but being called beautiful sent a swarm of butterflies through me.

I tried to remind myself I needed to take things slow, but I couldn't. For some reason he had me. My body was desperately craving him, and I finally refused to not give in.

His hands smoothed across my bump, and he kissed my cheek, descending to my jaw. I arched back into his chest, grinding my lower half against his hard cock, and releasing another moan. What on Earth was wrong with me?

"I don't want you to do something you might regret."

His words were like a knife. But it was my own fault. I had a moment to think about what I should do, and yet my body was still saying yes!

So I did.

"I want it." I moaned. "I want you."

Maybe it was the commitment he'd shown me these past few weeks, but I really did feel like I trusted him again. I was also sick of hiding my feelings from him. If he didn't want me, he wouldn't be here.