nine

JUNE 2018

GRACE'S POV
Today was the day Brad was getting out of hospital. The house was chaotic as Anne wanted it to be perfect for her boy returning home.

I obviously done my bit to help her but she insisted on doing most of it on her own.

Tris had to go back to London as he and his family were going on holiday. The day he was leaving I also went back to London with him seeing as he had drove me down to Birmingham in his car.

I spent two nights in London before packing more clothes and stuff I would need then I drove myself back to Birmingham yesterday afternoon.

As well as that I collected a few things for Brad from his and Tris' flat.

Derek was busy all day with work as he owned his own golf club and had many of bookings today so it was impossible for him to be gone.

However; both me and Anne scurried around the house as we frantically got ready to go and collect Brad, the two of us being excited to have him home.

We climbed into my car as it would be easier for Brad to get into seeing as he had a moon boot on his leg.

Walking to the ward where Brad was Anne excused herself to talk to the receptionist about his medication as I went on through to his room.

When I entered the room there was a nurse with him, he sat on the bed as she checked his blood pressure.

'Oh sorry, I'll wait outside.' I said politely.

'You're alright love, come on in.' She smiled as she continued to do his blood pressure.

Brad's eyes met mine and it was almost as though his eyes were smiling as well as his mouth.

'Hi.' He croaked as I gave him a small smile and a wave before I began to gather some of his things to put in his grip bag.

'All your levels are fine Brad, so you will be getting home. I'll just go and find the doctor to discharge you.' She said to him as she gathered up her equipment in the trolley.

'Thank you.' He said as she left the room, she gave us both a small nod and smile before leaving us alone.

'How are you feeling?' I asked as I propped myself onto the chair beside his bed.

'I actually feel quite good. I'm a bit tired and the pain gets bad sometimes but apart from that I'm fine.' He told me as I observed the bruising and few cuts he had scattered over him, as well as his damaged leg.

'Well Jesse is waiting for you at home.' I earned a large smile from him.

'I can't wait to see her.' He beamed. 'My two favourite girls.' He whispered just as Anne had entered the room.

His last comment made my stomach go funny. We've never talked about how we felt before and I know that it's a conversation we need to have sooner rather than later.

I wasn't one to be open or to talk about my feelings. Especially with a person from the male species.

After Anne fussed over Brad and made sure he had everything the doctor finally came in and discharged him.

They gave us a wheel chair to help get him to the car rather than him using his crutches as it was quite a long walk from the ward he had been on to the carpark.

I took great pleasure in pushing him along I was a as though formulae one driver while he found it amusing enough to video us racing down the empty corridors.

As we reached the main door I left Anne with him as I went to get my car to drive to the entrance to save us having to push him to the car.

I got out to help him in as Anne put his bags in the boot. Once he was in she went to return the wheel chair leaving us alone again.