twenty

FEBRUARY 2020

GRACE'S POV
It was mid February and by the weather outside you would still think it was December.

Today I was baby sitting my cousins little girl. My cousin Ellie lived just outside of London and was stuck for a baby sitter today as all our family live in Brighton and her boyfriends family were working while he was abroad on a stag.

Lola and I were meeting her in central London to take her daughter Sophia. She was meeting her friends and they were taking her for a pamper day.

As we approached the station Ellie stood there with a pram and Sophia on her hip.

'Hi! I've missed you.' She let out an excited scream as I pulled them both into a hug.

'Oh I've missed you both, look how big you are now baby.' I cooed, fussing over Sophia.

She had just turned 18 months and I'm not being biased but she was a real cutie.

'Lola it's been so long!' Ellie said as she grabbed Lola and hugged her.

Ellie was already running late so we kept it short and sweet, she was going to come and stay at ours later so she wasn't having to travel back home.

'Shall we go for coffee?' Lola asked as we walked through London.

'It's like you read my mind.' I grinned at her.

We made our way to a small coffee shop nearby as it was quite cold outside.

'I'm probably going to head back with her after this seeing as it's freezing outside.' I told Lola as I took a seat and got Lola out of her pram.

'Is it okay if I go to Callum's for a while?' She asked as though I was her mum.

'Of course.' I chuckled. 'I'm fine on my own, I've baby sat her before. She's an easy baby.' I smiled down to Sophia on my lap as she played with my fingers. 'See easily entertained.'

Callum is Lola's boyfriend. She has been with him for around 4 months now and he's a really lovely person. He and Brad get along really well as do he and I; we had actually been out on a few so called double dates. I just saw them as the 4 of us going for dinner or drinks but Lola insisted that they were double dates.

While Lola went up to order us coffees and cake my phone rang and it was no other than Brad.

'Hello.' I spoke.

'Hey babe.' He said sounding as though he was outside from the wind blowing. 'What ya up to?'

'I'm just having coffee with Lola and Sophia.' I told him as Sophia piped up at the mention of her name. 'Yes you gorgeous girl.' She giggled.

'Do you need a lift home or anything?' He asked sounding as though he had gotten in his car from the noise of a door closing. 'I think there might be a storm going to hit.'

'Callum's meeting Lola here so it's just me and Sophia going back. Where are you?' I asked as Lola returned and placed the tray down.

'I was just in the studio for a few hours. Tris is out of town for the weekend if you want to come round?' He asked sweetly.

'Only because you asked so nicely.' I teased.

'Okay well I'll see you soon. Send me your location and I'll get you.' He said before we said our goodbyes.

I explained to Lola the plans for the rest of the day before we both went back to fussing over Sophia.

'Do you want a little bit of cake?' I asked her, pointing to the plate causing her to eagerly nod. 'Okay don't tell mummy, our secret.'