twenty four

MARCH 2021

GRACE'S POV
'Babe I'm stuck in traffic would you be able to pick Noah up?' Brad asked through the phone.

'Am sure I'll see if Lola can drive me to Nat's.' I said as I rushed to grab my shoes considering Brad was meant to pick him up now with Nat and David having a dinner reservation. 

'Tris is in the flat.' He told me as I heard his engine start up again, obviously speaking to me through the built in Bluetooth in his car.

'Lola can you drive me to Nat's?' I shouted through the flat.

'Coming!' She yelled back.

'She's going to drive me round now, so Tris is home?' I double checked as Lola and Callum appeared.

'Yeah he's not going out til seven.' He told me, it was currently five o'clock now. 'Thank you so much babe.'

I quickly hung up as we made our way to Lola's car. Nat's flat was around a ten minute drive and Brad's flat was relatively close to there.

Thankfully the traffic from ours to Nat's wasn't too heavy.

'Thank you guys.' I said as I hurried out of the car.

'We'll wait and drop you to Brad's.' Lola shouted.

'It's fine go on! I want to nip to the shop anyway.' I waved them off. 

As I got into Nat's she was all dressed up ready for their first date night in months.

'You look amazing!' I gushed as I embraced her in a hug.

'Thank you, and thank you so much for taking him tonight.' She smiled widely.

'Sorry about your brothers timing.' We both rolled our eyes. 'If I had of known I could have came by earlier and got him.'

After a few minutes of Nat rhyming off Noah's nighttime routine they both said goodbye to their baby before strapping him into his buggy and handing me his baby bag.

Brad's flat was only a ten minute walk so it would be good to get some air and it also may help Noah sleep later.

Although I was slightly shitting myself being trusted with someone else's baby. It's different when Brad's there because well, he is Noah's uncle.

As I was walking along I came to shop near Brad's apartment so I decided to go in and grab a few things such as Brad's favourite chocolate and a bottle of vodka along with make up wipes and a box of condoms; remembering he told me we used the last of them.

Obviously we will be waiting until Noah goes to be getting up to anything.

Nat and David wouldn't be out for long seeing as David wasn't drinking and they were both still extremely tired from the sleepless nights. And by the sound of Brad's voice on the phone today, he was stressed. When Brad's stressed it only ends in one way.

I put the bag in the bottom of the buggy after I paid as my phone rang, it being Brad.

'Hello.' I answered as I continued to push the pram.

'Hey are you home yet?' He asked, sounding less annoyed than earlier.

'I'm just out of the shop.' I told him. 'How far away are you?' I asked.

'Probably about twenty minutes with this fucking traffic.' I heard him beep his horn in anger.

Okay maybe he was still annoyed.

'Babe calm down.' I tried to sooth him. 'I've got some goodies for us and Noah will be waiting for cuddles with his uncle.'

'I'll see you soon.' He sighed.