twenty seven

JULY 2021

GRACE'S POV-
The sun beat through the car window, the music blaring through the speakers as Brad drove us to the station.

We were on our way to meet my two little cousins who were on the train from Brighton, I had promised them since I moved to London that when they were older they could come for a weekend.

Now that Brad and I have settled into our flat I arranged for them both to come visit seeing as they have finished school for the summer.

It was Thursday and they were planning on staying until Sunday.

Katie was 19 and Niamh was 20, they both adored The 1975 so Brad had somehow managed to get us tickets to their show at the O2 which was happening tomorrow, although they didn't know this yet.

Brad parked the car and we both climbed out before he reached for my hand and guided me in the doors of the station.

'Are you excited for your girls weekend?' I teased Brad as he shook his head with a grin.

'I'm only here for Matty Healy.' He joked back as we took a seat on a bench to wait on their train arriving.

After a few minutes of waiting I got a text from Niamh to say their train was pulling into the station now, Brad and I made our way to the gate near the platform.

'We'll tell them about tomorrow when we get home.' I turned to him as I watched them walk towards us.

'Grace!' Katie shouted as they came running towards me, throwing their arms around me.

'I missed you both.' I mumbled into them as we stood in a group hug.

Growing up we were all so close despite me being a bit older than them, the three of us were like sisters the other never had.

'Hi Brad.' They smiled as he gave them a smile and wave from behind me.

'I'll take those.' Brad told them as he took their carry on sized suitcases.

'How did you end up with such a gentleman?' Niamh said earning a snigger from Brad.

By the time we got back to the flat it was almost 4pm so we decided to have a chill night and Brad told us he would make dinner.

The girls went and got a shower as they were stuck on a stuffy train for 2 hours, the temperature was also starting to rise.

'Do you want to go out tonight or anything?' I asked Brad as I put my arms around his torso as he cooked the dinner.

'I'm fine babe, do you want me to go out for a while? I can go to one of the boys places?' He suggested as I shook my head.

'No, I just didn't want you to feel like you had to stay in with us.' I jumped up onto the counter and put my legs at either side of his hips.

'I might go for a run now, this won't be ready for about an hour.' He told me as he squinted to the clock before I nodded and bit my lip, admiring his features.

He rubbed his nose softly against mine before brushing his lips against mine.

'We've been here an hour, shall we go?' Katie teased as they stood in the living room, our kitchen and living room were open planned.