nineteen

JANUARY 2019

GRACE'S POV
Since we had come back from our holiday at the start of the month Brad had been in LA with Tris on a writing trip. He had been away for 2 weeks now and I have to admit I was missing him a lot.

Tonight was my first ever performance. I was playing my first ever show! I wish he would be here to see it as he's the one who encouraged me and helped me build my confidence. If it wasn't for his reassurance I probably would have chickened out of most opportunities.

He FaceTimed me last night and he gave me tips, both he and Tris reassured me that everything would be fine and the nerves would go.

I invited James, Kirstie, Con and Lucy along seeing as I had grown close to them over the past few months as well as a few of the boys management.

Brad also told me that James had promised to FaceTime him during the set so he wasn't fully missing out.

I checked my phone when I woke up in his hoodie to find a message from him;

Brad-
I know you won't see this until you wake up, I hate time zones :( I'll probably be sleeping before you go to the venue so I won't get a chance to talk to you as I know how chaotic it can be once you get there. But I am so proud of my beautiful girl, I cannot wait to see videos & for you to tell be all about it. I so wish I could be there & I'm sorry I can't be. You will do amazing babe, just remember all of what Tris and I told you. You're a star.
Good luck, I love you xx

I teared up as I read his message. He has a way with words that no matter how simple of a thing he says it has the biggest impact.

Once I had got up and gotten dressed into comfy clothes for sound check, Lola insisted on taking me out to breakfast where Jay would be meeting us.

We sat in a cute cafe not too far from our flat as we had to leave to go to the venue in an hour and a half.

'So how are you feeling about tonight?' Jay asked as he took a bite of his pancakes.

'I'm excited but I'm so nervous.' I said playing with my rings.

'Brad gave me this before you left to give to you.' Lola said as she took out an envelope with my name on it.

I opened the envelope to find a good luck card with a kitten on it. Don't tear up, don't cry I told myself.

The inside read.

'To my beautiful Grace,

I am so proud of you. From that time we met in the studio you had one song to now, I'm so happy I was there to see your career grow. You have an EP and are preforming you're first ever headline show!!

I wish I could be there to watch you rock the stage. I know how much you have been looking forward to this night so go out and own it like a true g. I've seen so many people on twitter with tickets to YOUR show and I am such a proud boyfriend anytime I see that.

You are amazing. You are going to do amazing tonight.

I've also gave Lola a little something for you. (Ask her for it before you continue reading) okay so this is a worry stone. My mum got this exact one for me when I was playing my first ever gig. If you hold it with your thumb it helps to comfort you and calms anxiety. This is the only reason I got through my first show. Put it in your pocket and if you ever need a second to calm your nerves it's right with you.

I love you beautiful, go rock this show!
Best of luck,
I love you,
Brad xx

By now I was sat in tears with Lola's arm wrapped around her.