Chapter 13

Ana and Lucas ran towards the power room, under the museum, but before they could see the jerks, the power went out. Shit. Ana was about to go back when she was jerked back and hit hard on her stomach. Ana groaned but  surprisingly the pain was bearable. "Ana, we have the ruby, but no one has come for it. This must be a trap, we have to go." Cole said through the earpiece.

Before Ana could respond the lights came back and Lucas was busy strangling the other one. She turned to the one that punched her, and he seemed struck in awe. Fear filled his eyes, making Ana confused. Why was he afraid of her?

Before she could attack, the man ran, plunged Lucas and saved his friend then ran upstairs to the museum. Ana frowned, confused whether to follow them or look after Lucas. She then made her decision, "Crew, they headed up to the museum, get them. Lucas is down." She said to her earpiece before making her way to Lucas who was groaning and whincing in pain.

"Are you okay, can you stand?" Ana asked, kneeling beside him. He nodded slightly then winced again. His ribs were broken from the look of it and it made Ana feel terrible. The mission was a total bust. Ana moved Lucas' arm to her shoulders and held his waist with her hand, helping him up. Lucas managed to stand up and were now taking baby steps towards the elevator. 

Lucas managed to stand during the elevator ride, making Ana happy. Luckily it wasn't as bad as she thought, and Lucas was going to be fine.

While thinking of Lucas Ana forgot about her stomach and arm. The dumbass jerked her so hard he almost broke her arm while her stomach was numb from the punch. It hurt but she had to hide it until the end of the mission. Lucas was able to stand on his own, hence not necessary to go via the back door to avoid much questioning.

They went back to the museum where everything was normal, no sight of alarm with was a good thing. Soon the crew left, heading towards the van. "The mission didn't go as planned but at least we are all okay." Britney said as she sat on her seat, Evad by her side. Ana sighed," Yeah, but Trevor won't be happy we didn't get even one of them." 

"No he won't Ana, the Marvel Cobras came for the ruby, and we have it." Cole said revealing the ruby on his hand. Everyone gasped, "Wow, bro nice work. Did you leave the duplicate we had made?" Cole nodded, and Lucas smirked. "Nice work Cole, we can use the ruby to lure them out." Ana said, before starting the van's engine. Since Lucas was not that great, she was the one driving. "Hopefully, Trevor won't see this as a flop." She muttered to herself.

After an hour or so, they landed back to the institute's harbor which was in the compound, men that place is huge. Ana volunteered to help Lucas to his room while the others went ahead to do their stuff. When they arrived at his room, Ana sweetly sat him on his couch. She helped him with his wound which wasn't so serious and organised for Mitchell to bring him chicken soup with mushrooms. Lucas sat there, silently admiring how Ana cared for him.

He had had worse injuries than this, but the fact that Ana was so concerned made him fake that he was deeply hurt. Ana told him to have a bubble bath and drink the soup later, her words making her sound like a caring, bossy wife, and he smiled at that. "You should check on your husband if he's okay." Ana nodded ,before placing a chaste peck on his left cheek, and left, leaving him all warm and fuzzy inside like a teenager who had spent time with his crush. He laughed slightly at the thought before going for a shower.

Ana went to Taylor's room as soon as she left Lucas. She felt anxious about what she was doing, but he was still her husband and her sidekick on this mission. She knocked the door, only to hear a female voice she knew too well answering from inside. Her breathing became rough, hoping that her imagination was playing tricks on her.

Kim opened the door, wearing a towel around her, and her black hair wet and curled up. She seemed amused when their eyes met before turning all shock and embarrassed. Were they having a shower together? "Ooh uum Ana, what are you doing..." Kim stammered, but her mind as evil as ever. Everything was going according to plan.

Ana stormed inside to meet Taylor coming out of his closet shirtless with grey sweatpants and black slippers. His hair was also wet and his chest wasn't fully dry. Ana felt her heartbeat go slow as if it wanted to stop. She couldn't believe what was in front of her, the worst betrayal she could ever imagine.

"Ana? Ana! I swear it's ... it's not what it looks like." Taylor said as soon as his eyes met hers. Kim quickly jumped between, "Ana, believe me he will only lie to you." Taylor glared at Kim. "We've been together since you guys' wedding. He said he was lonely, and I really liked him so we started dating. That's why I've  avoiding you, he told me he loves me, and he'll divorce you as soon as he was through with you." Ana's stomach twitched, her breath became rugged. Her gazed shifted to Taylor who interrupted Kim, "She's lying. She came in a few minutes ago pretending to be you, and entered the shower when I was there. When I realized it wasn't you I kicked her out and got dressed only for you to arrive."

Ana knew it would be foolish to believe a person she knew for less than a month over one she knew since high school. She couldn't deny, Kim would go to any extent to get what she wanted, but what if she was telling the truth. She couldn't also ignore that Taylor was a good guy, minus his ego, so what if he was telling the truth. She decided to do something. 'No, stop, my...my head...," Ana said weakly before throwing herself to the floor, faking passing out.

"Ana, Ana wake up. Ana I'm sorry," Taylor's voice was heard, and Ana could feel him kneeling beside her and taking her in his arms. Sorry, why was he sorry. "Ugh, enough Taylor, just leave her. Look at me, ain't I pretty. What does she have that I don't?" Nice, Kim was caught red handed, what a slut. "Dignity," Taylor shouted, "I shouldn't have believed your venomous words. Ana never saw our marriage as a fake,she never said she would never give our marriage a chance. I should have trusted her not a slut like you. I'm so sorry Ana."

Wait, what! Kim told Taylor that she said she saw the marriage as a fake. That slut of a friend was going to get it. "Whatever you still have me, she'll never love you like I do honey, please..." Ana could sense Kim was trying to seduce Taylor when he kept moving his arms as though he was shrugging. She had heard enough, it was time to wake up.

Time to test out her brilliant plan😏.