Chapter 22

Ana was silent so far, she looked taken aback by her surroundings so Lucas didn't spoil it. He poured her some wine and gave it to her. Ana took her glass and Lucas took his, and in a celebratory mood, they clinked their glasses. Ana took a decent sip, "This is amazing Lucas, it wasn't necessary but..." Lucas placed his finger on her lip, stopping her from saying anything else. He neared her, his fingers now holding her chin slightly. "Of course it was necessary princess, because I love you."

Ana felt her eyes glisten in awe. She definitely wasn't expecting that. "Yes princess, I love you, and I won't stop saying it, because it's true. From the time we went to high school you were just my best friend, but then we landed in the same campus, and you still stayed with me, always. And I couldn't fail to love you."

Ana was split. On one hand is Taylor, her alleged husband, and on the other is her high school sweetheart. She had learnt to love Taylor, but she couldn't ignore Lucas' efforts. "You don't need to say it now princess, I'll wait for you, and your answer." Lucas whispered, snaking his hand to Ana's bare waist.

She was wearing a black shimmering off shoulder gown that had a high slit and attached the top and bottom only at the back, leaving her waist and tummy uncovered. Her hair was in its usual high ponytail, glittering diamond accessories and silver kitten heels.

He felt her stiffen on his touch, arousing him the more." Just a kiss princess." Ana smirked, "Your really naughty aren't you?" She said with a chuckle, but didn't do anything to stop Lucas. "So are you?" Lucas whispered, his lips spreading kisses on her neck, making Ana moan slightly.

Feeling good about himself, Lucas continued, now giving her sexy hickeys. Ana couldn't stop him, the much she wanted to. She grabbed the tablecloth in attempt to try control herself, but Lucas was a wild one," Touch me princess, or I'll strip you right here and suck your full breast." Lucas dared, his lips grazing on her shoulder.

Knowing Lucas, Ana knew he wouldn't hesitate to do it once given a chance to. So she slid her hands in his shirt, holding his waist. Lucas was stunned at first, but soon recovered and went ahead to give Ana a kiss. Ana closed her eyes, waiting for Lucas' lips to smoothly greet hers, only to feel him being yanked away from her touch.

"How dare you do this Lucas, you dickhead!" Taylor roared angrily, throwing punches on his face. Ana's instinct quickly stung and she hurriedly tried to stop him. So far they had broken the table, the wine glasses and the bottle. They were now fighting at the grass, shouting at each other so fast Ana couldn't comprehend. Luckily the music inside was loud enough to cover the chaos happening outside.

"Enough, stop this. Taylor what are you doing?" Ana shouted, now standing between fallen, bleeding Lucas and angry, bleeding Taylor. "Ana, listen. The gazebo was my idea. I prepared all this for you, but then I was given an anonymous call, telling me to go to my room, that you were in my room. When I didn't find you I went looking for you at the party, and Maddie told me she saw Lucas dragging you out here. Ana, everything was planned by him so he can use my plans to charm you."

Ana turned to Lucas, who was still on the ground. "I'm sorry princess, I just wanted to tell you how I feel." He said, looking down. He was ashamed about it?! His actions were impulsive but his intentions were pure...and very arousing. "Lucas," Ana said sweetly, kneeling in front of him, "It's okay, I know your intentions were pure, but you shouldn't have done that to Taylor," Lucas raised his grey eyes, giving Ana the sad eyes. Even when bleeding he still looked handsome.

"Ana, what are you doing? Stop soothing him! Do you love this son of a b..." "Yes!" Ana shouted back, standing to face him with Lucas by her side. "Yes Taylor I do, and you know that. I've known him for 8 years and I trust him completely. You...I've known you for 4 freaking months and you expect me to..." She stopped. What was she saying, she also loved him. Both guys were special to her, and she didn't want to lose either,as selfish as it sounded.

"Tay... Taylor, I'm sorry, I got angry and..." Ana tried to apologise, but Taylor heard already heard it all. He shook away Ana's touch and walked away. Leaving Ana alone, with Lucas behind her. Even he had realised that she was in love with both of them, and it hurt him.

Ana fell on her knees, creating panic in Lucas. He ran and wrapped Ana close to him, giving her a muscular chest to cry on. She cried her heart out, sobbing and sniffling. She really liked that dude, but he wasn't a dude to her, he was her husband.

Lucas managed to carry Ana successfully to her room without alerting a soul. It was his fault. If he hadn't stolen Taylor's set-up she wouldn't have had that outburst and hurt the one she loved. She wasn't crying anymore, but Lucas did his best to cool her down. He opened her bedroom door and got her on her bed safely. He ran to the floors kitchen, despite the massive pain from Taylor's punches, and got her some hot chocolate with mushmellos.

When he got back, he found her in her bathrobe. She was from a quick shower, her hair in a messy bun and her face still had some droplets. She was holding a first aid kit. He closed the door slowly, mesmerized by the live she had for him. Ana walked towards him and silently, and softly, grabbed his muscular arm and dragged him to her couch where he sat slowly, trying not to trigger massive pain.

Ana helped Lucas remove his upper body clothes, revealing his sculpted muscular chest, and glorious popping abs. They stayed silent, mumbling ' sorry' and ' it's fine' at each other once in a while. After cleaning up his wounds, Ana gave him her warm blanket and change to her nightgown.

When she was done, she sat beside him and drank her cocoa. "Thanks princess, and I'm sorry about the fight with Taylor." Ana leaned over, laying her head on his shoulder,"It's not your fault, it's mine for falling in love with two amazing guys." Lucas smirked, she really did love him, but sadly he wasn't the only one.

"It ain't a crime to fall in love princess," They stared at each other's eyes for a while, then Lucas took the opportunity to cup Ana's cheek, "I never got my kiss, princess," Ana smiled, "We have to fix that, shall we?" Lucas didn't expect that, but when he leaned to kiss her his muscle twitched, making him wince. "Oh no, are you okay?" Ana asked, genuinely concerned. Lucas smirked, men he loves smirking 😏. "I'm fine princess, I guess no kiss today." Ana chimed," Maybe later, you need rest." Lucas nodded and with Ana's help he layed on her bed.

After setting Lucas to his comfort, Ana tucked herself in by his side. She sunk her head in her pillow, only to feel Lucas intertwining their hands. She smiled and closed her eyes, even though her dream was sleeping beside her ☺️.