Chapter 23

It was morning, the sun rays fadely lighting up Ana's room. She stretched out her body like a feline, only to feel warm, emptiness beside her. Lucas was gone?!

She got out of bed, calling up Mitchell to bring her breakfast and went to the shower. She had a busy day ahead, and she wanted to be out of the empire, and try to run away from yesterday's drama that would definitely extend to today. She took off her silk gown and threw it to the side, and entered the misty shower.

She was soon ready, killing it with a yellow ruffled top that exposed her back and decent cleavage a bit, dark blue ripped  jeans and red open heels. She wore her simple pink watch on her right wrist, and a pearl bracelet on the left. She wore pearl ear studs to match. As usual, neutral makeup to highlight her natural beauty.

She grabbed her red sling bag, stuffing her tablet and the property papers, and sat down to drink her cocoa. She was going to see William Crocs' attorney, he had called saying he needed to talk to her about something urgent regarding her new property.

After breakfast she popped a breath mint and left. She slung her bag on her left shoulder and pressed the elevator button. It made a ding sound before opening, revealing the last person Ana wanted to see so early.

"Where are you sneaking off to?" Taylor asked coldly. He stood close to Ana, too front close it made Ana uncomfortable. "Taylor, I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just angry...and I said hurtful things..."

Taylor sighed, "I can forgive you Ana, but those words can't be taken back from my thoughts. We'll talk more when you come back." He mumbled, walking away, deeper into the hallway.

Ana entered the elevator, worried about Taylor. He didn't sound mad, or angry, he sounded despaired, defeated, and it made her feel horrible. She stopped at the 3rd floor, heading to the ICT room. Only Stealth Kings were allowed to have all the car keys of the empire, so that they would keep track of everyone's leave.

"Hey Ev," Ana sang as she entered the room. Evad saw her," Hey Ana," They hug. "I'm going out and I need a ride." Evad threw her some car keys, "No need to explain beautiful, Trevor already gave the order to give you the car keys."

Ana rose her brows, surprised. "Okay then, see you later beshtie 😘" Ana said, placing a kiss on Evad's slightly hairy cheek and walked away, heading back to the elevator. She went down to the 1st basement where she found her car ready to go. With it came 2 Raging Rogues as her bodyguards. "We've been assigned to protect you, Mrs Marquess." Wow, that's a first one. She had never had anyone call her that before.

"It's fine, I'm the boss of the great Killer Queens, I can take care of myself."  Ana said, sliding into her black Ferrari. She started the engine, excited to drive after a while, and drove out of the empire. The cars GPS was handy, helping Ana with the route. The attorney's office was in New York, so she stayed in the road for at least an hour or two.

Soon she was in the busy streets of New York. Business and people bubbling the city. It was beautiful. She passed a luxurious hotel that Taylor had brought her in one of their dates, and memories of yesterday flooded her mind. She swore to sought things out with him after the meeting.

Croc Co-op was now in front of her, its skyscraper reflecting the sun rays gloriously. It was taller than all the buildings surrounding it, making it hard not to spot. She  grabbed her bag before closing the door, locking her Ferrari automatically.

She entered the building, the doors sliding open like magic doors. The reception was welcoming, vibrant colours greeting her eyes wonderfully. She saw a huge desk, and assuming it to be the reception desk, she walked towards it. She meet a strikingly beautiful woman, blonde hair and blue eyes. As soon as they made eye contact, she flashed a wide warming smile. "Hello, and welcome to Croc cooperation. How may I help you?"

"Yes, Attorney Álvarez called me over...a meeting?" The receptionist smiled, "Aah yes, he's expecting you. 20th floor." Ana smiled back, trying hard to hide her shock. 20TH FLOOR! Fuck.

She made her way to the elevator, where she found herself alone. She pressed the 20 button in the elevator, and soon the door clamped shut, the ground beneath her raising her to her location. Nausea attacked her like a bitch, making her feel sick. She took deep breaths, relieving her slightly.

The door opened, revealing a marble floor, decorated with the company's crest. Looking up, there was nothing much in the room, only a man who Ana believed to be the Attorney's secretary. He had black slick hair, amber eyes and a striking jawline. His pink full lips were twitching to and fro, from a smirk to a thin line. Ana walked in, the clicks from her heels attracting his attention. He rose to his feet, reorganizing his grey shirt and denim jeans. "Oh Mrs Marquess, we've been expecting you." He said, a smile forming on his full lips. Damn he was hot, Ana cursed in her head. He went ahead, opening the translucent doors to Alvarez's office. She nodded slightly with a slight smile before entering. Attorney Alvarez's head quickly snapped to her direction, his gaze softening.

"Mrs Anastacia Taylor, I'm happy you came at short notice." He said, standing up. He had black hair with long bronze highlights, green eyes, darker than hers, pointy nose and brown lips. He was in casual wear, brown shirt and black cargo pants. That's when Ana realized it was a Sunday! "I wasn't busy Attor..." "Oh no, call me Silver. I'm Silver Álvarez." Ana smiled slightly, as Silver lead her to a couch at the corner of his office.

They sat simultaneously, but she didn't want to go ticking round the clock, she was here for business. Before she could say anything she saw a large chocolate slush cup in front of her. From the cup Ana could tell it was cold, just the way she liked it. "Go on, it's yours." Silver's voice sliced through her thoughts.

She threw a glance at him before taking the cup to her hands, inserting the straw in the small open at the top. She soon took a decent sip, her body shuddered slightly at the drink's temperature, but her mouth enjoyed the surprise burst of strawberry champagne and raw chocolate bits. She smiled, looking back at Silver. "It's delicious Silver, thanks."

"Of course ma'am. Ok, down to business. As you are well aware, Sir William Croc transferred everything to your name, which makes you vulnerable to attacks." Ana's brows rose in shock, as she stared at Silver's surprisingly wicked look. Suddenly her head felt lighter, making her drop her drink in order to cover her ears from the ringing she heard. Her stomach churned, proving her suspicion.

She was drugged!

Fuck.

She lazily looked back at Silver who was now reclined, watching her amusingly as she struggled to stay conscious. A laughter purred from his chest. "Sorry princess, but you are more valuable than you know." He whispered before she hit the table and dropped unconscious on the floor.