Chapter 17

Ana and Kim were still standing there, staring at each other after Kim's unwanted opinion on Taylor's relation with Megan. "Look, Kimberly, I don't have time for this. I have a mission and it needs me in my best mood so, if you excuse me?" Ana said scornfully before passing Kim like she wasn't even there. Kim stood there, looking at Ana's back as she entered the ICT room. She shrugged, entering the elevator.

"According to this, Megan's brother, Jason Xavier Hades, is dead! He died in a car crash alongside Megan's family! Then who's that who she came with?" Ana said in her head. It was now a week since Megan returned and it wasn't easy getting information about her. Almost all info about her was cleaned until she entered a pirate site. She didn't trust the walls with the deep dive she was doing, and she was smart to do so.

"I knew there was more to this Jason that meets the eye. I must investigate. Wow, this Mafia thing really works." She said, leaving her laptop in a drawer. "I'll ask Bella about Jason. Maybe she knows something." Ana said mentally, dialling her sister. She answered soon enough,

"Hi, Ana. What's up?" Ana took a deep breath," Hey Bella, just wanted to spend time with you, you know, catch up on some things. Sister stuff." Bella laughed,"Aaawwwwww siz that's so cute, but I'm kinda busy playing with Kelvin you know Taylor's kid." Ana held a sneer, "I'll join you, where are you?" Bella hesitated, "I'm in Jason's room, 5th floor, Megan's left neighbor." Perfect, Ana could question him and not look suspicious, nicely done. "It's cool. I'm on my way." Ana said, hanging up.

Ana was having genuine fun with the kid. He was curious and always giggling which Ana found amusing. But she couldn't forget her mission. Bella and Jason were seated at the balcony, whispering some stuff to each other which Ana found worth being suspicious of.

To her utter luck, Trevor called Bella to help him decide on something, hence leaving the two together. That's when Ana began her interrogation. To help her with her mission, she wore digital eye scanner eye contacts. She had tried it on Bella and it showed her that she was Bryan and Annabelle's daughter. Maybe Trevor allowed her identity to remain so that he could keep her safe. Made sense.She tried it on Jason but it didn't show anything, what the hell!

"So Jason, do you have a middle name?" Calvin chuckled, "No, sadly only Megan has a middle name, Jewels." Hold up, what! This guy was definitely not Jason. Ana had to find out more about him. "That's not fair. Anyway, how was the warming reunion." Calvin gave a confused look. "How'd you guys meet after all this year's?" Calvin sat beside Ana on the couch. "Well, she was in a mission after this Russell Croc William guy, who turns out is a good friend of mine, and that's how we met."

Ana mentally noted down 'Russell William Croc ' promising to check out this story afterwards."Wow, I've heard he went missing all of a sudden. As his friend it must have hurt you, right?" Ana said, parting his shoulder soothingly. "It hurt cause he was a brother to me." Calvin said pathetically. It was true though, because of the slut Megan, he lost his bro, his rock, his best friend, his mentor in the Mafia world. "It must have shocked you more knowing he was from the Mafia."

"No it didn't." Calvin said hurriedly, attracting Ana's attention, "What I mean is, we were in the same gang, but my sister saved me from them." Ana nodded, trying to look like she bought the idea. Before Ana could ask another question, her phone rang from her back pocket. Looking at her screen was Britney's picture. She picked it up, knowing that Britney called for emergencies and texted for pleasure.

"What's up." Ana said. "All leaders have been ordered to choose 2 of their best to go on two spy quests. The Ice Wolves and The Ivy are at it again, so do it soon and send your choices to Mason, Alexander's assistant. He's organizing the entire thing." Ana nodded, standing up. "Sounds important, I'll get right on it." She hang up and looked at Calvin, faking the best disappointed face she could. "Have to go, talk later. I want to know my sister's crush better." She said with a wink, making Calvin laugh, "Sure, I understand." Ana smiled then left.

Calvin sighed as soon as the door clinked closed. He saw no reason if being suspicious about Ana's questions, she was just doing what any other big sister would do, and he hated that. "Looks like that bitch smells something fishy about me, I'll have to keep an eye on her." Calvin muttered to himself before returning his attention to Netflix.

"This are the ones I've chosen, Mason." Ana said, handing the piece of paper with their information to Mason. He nodded, taking the paper. "Oh and did your friend tell you. Kimberly Quincy is among the chosen. She may be gone for a month or two." Ana made a fake pout," Yeah, Lucas told me. I mean we are not in good terms but she's still my BFF so I'll miss her. When are they going?"

As if she cared, for all she knew, she loved the thought of Kim not being there for a while. "Tomorrow, sadly." Ana smiled slightly. "At least I said my good byes, anyway I have to go. Talk later Mase." Mason laughed," Sure."

Ana was tired with this, she couldn't find anyone by the name,Russell William Croc, and she didn't have the tech to hack Snapping Crocs server. Ugh! Ana groaned, falling back to her bed. The kid may or may not have outsmarted her, but she wasn't giving up so easily. The kid was a fraud, and just wanted to bust him and prove herself worthy of being a Mafia leader. Prove to Trevor that she wasn't as pathetic as he thought, and she will.

A knock startled her from her thoughts. She lazily got up from her bed and went ahead and opened the door. It was Mitchell with her usual food tray. "Hi Mitchell, I didn't ask for food today," Mitchell looked worried, her forehead was a bit sweaty which was unlike her. No matter how much she worked she never allowed her makeup to get ruined with sweat. Something was wrong.

"It's just that you haven't ordered food in a while and I'm worried you are overworking yourself." Mitchell said, sounding pitchier than usual. Ana figured to take things inside." Thanks, bring them inside, please." Mitchell smiled and pushed the tray inside, only for Ana to close the door quietly and pin Mitchell to the wall, covering her mouth.

"Who set you up for this?" Ana whispered, making Mitchell sigh under her palm. She slowly removed Ana's hand from her mouth and whispered the one name Ana didn't have in mind. "Don't lie." Mitchell shook her head, "Why would I? The one who set me up to poison you is... MEGAN!!"

Ana in utter shock took a step back. If Mitchell is saying the truth, then Megan did this to keep her off her brother's trail. Meaning that Megan and Jason were at it together, of course they were 🙄