-6

-

-

"daddy! daddy! d-do this!" minji threw her leg up as high as she could in a pefect motion as she looked up at jimin with awe in her eyes.

he smiled down at her and mimicked it, but you know doing it quite better since he was a dancer after all.

"daddy's gonna sit down and talk to mommy okay? i'll be right back" he says, focusing on the small girls eyes making sure she was okay with it. she gives jimin a thumbs up and a smile and runs away to the living room to play with some toys jimin had just bought her.

he walks over to you, sitting in a chair at his small dining table.

"she stutters less when she's talking to you" you say, before bringing the mug filled with coffee to your mouth.

"ah, i was gonna ask you about that. has she always stuttered?"

maybe you'd know-

"it's adorable, jihyun used to stutter a lot around her age too. at least that's what my mom said." he said lifting his shoulder in a half shrug.

"uhm she started stuttering a little after she began talking... her doctor said she's a great speaker and she should grow out of it, but she also said it's maybe that her brain and muscles can't control her speech right now." you look over at him. "but either way she's amazing, stuttering or not."

jimin plasters a small smile on his face looking at you. "of course she's amazing. the smartest kid ever"

"have you ever thought of putting her in ballet?" he asks

"i was waiting for you to teach her" you mutter, avoiding his eyes.

it was true

when you first got pregnant and told jimin, the only thing you both talked about was what your child would be like, and what they would do and enjoy. you guys had everything planned in your head, from your side of culture and talent to his.

"i'm sorry"

"it's okay, just-just try to do this right ... now" you look at him and you were fiddling with your hands under the table. "she really likes dancing, like you do."

"i can see" he laughs

he stops and clears his throat looking away before looking at you again. "another question" you nod, indicating for him to talk.

bringing your mug up you go to take another sip of your coffee he made you. "do you date?"

you fucking choked.

the coffee mug spilled out your hand and you felt as if you were about to go to the graveyard right then and there.

"y/n what the- are you okay?" jimin rushes to your side and pats your back.

after a while seeing you calm down he grabs a couple of paper towels and wipes your cheek where the coffee had a spilled a bit. he picked your mug up and placed it in the kitchen, not without cleaning the mess you mistakenly made on the table.

"aish, i didn't know i could startle you with such question. you okay?"

you just nod.

shit, you wanted that coffee.

"you want more coffee" jimin narrows his eyes at you and you nod yet again.

he gets up to quickly make you coffee making sure to put it in a taller cup so there wouldn't be anymore of a mess tonight. he hands you the cup along with a paper towel and sits across from you. "so? do you?"

"yes?" you look uneasy. "no? i don't know" you sigh.

"what do you mean i don't know" he chuckles then his face turns a little serious but you could still see his plump lips twitched in the corner of his mouth "what about the man who was at your house yesterday?"

"ah jihoon?"

was jimin being nosey? or jealous? you had no clue.

"we've went on a couple of dat- wait why do you need to know?" you snap, about to drink your coffee but you decide against it not wanting to choke yourself or burn your tongue.

"i can't ask how my ex's love life is?"

"no."

he laughs a cocky laugh and you return with a cocky smile. "how's your love life?"

"i have no love life, i'm too busy"

you just roll your eyes at him. "that's what all the kpop idols say."

his eyesbrows rose looking at the face you made.

"I'm ToO bUsY,,, We HaVe To FoCuS,,,, wOrK fIrST" you mock in a over exaggerated deep voice. jimin just laughs at you, a genuine smile on his face.

"that's what we say huh?" you nod.

"well some of us actually are telling the honest truth and some aren't."

you knew that already.

"mommy! daddy!" you hear minjis small voice as you watch her run to the dining table.

"slow down baby" you say.

she reaches the table with a paper in her hand and goes to the side with jimin making you pout. he lifts her onto the chair, and she sits the paper down with a enthusiastic grin on her face.

"l-look what i m-made!" she points to the paper.

it was a woman, a small child, seven pets, and seven boys.

"who's that hm?" jimin asks, he clearly knew who it was he just wanted her to explain it herself. he ushers for you to come close so you could see the paper and you do so, going to stand on the side of your daughter while jimin stood on the other side.

"okay!" she gushes. "this is you and m-mommy" she points to a man and a woman holding hands. it was definitely you and jimin because he was the lighter one and your daughter had drew you a little thicker and more of your skin tone.

"i like it." jimin looks up at you. "don't you? — mommy?"

"i love it"

the night went on with minji explaining her picture and you and jimin listening with attentive ears. she talked and talked until she fell asleep right in jimins arms.

since it was late jimin refused for you both to go home, since you did live a little far from there so you obliged and stayed the night sleeping in jimins bed with minji and he took one of the guest rooms.

it was a great night, and you felt like a family. you wished it could have always been like this but it didn't happen like that, and you wished it would always stay like this but —— well you don't know but it maybe could always stay like this.