chapter twenty three

• sabrina •

After my talk with jace I decided to just leave for a while and go take a walk. I had to get my mind cleared and staying in that hotel room was not helping at all. I wanted to go visit my godson but visiting hours were over.

I found myself sitting on a bench by myself and I just looked out onto the ocean. I always had an obsession with the sea. I found it so beautiful. It's like I'm the sea and there is this whole world living inside of me.

Suddenly someone sat down next to me and I looked. It wasn't anyone I knew but it was some guy. He suddenly let out a deep frustrated sigh and held his head in his hands.

I understood where he was coming from and I was wondering what happened.

"You okay?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I just broke up with my longtime girlfriend and it went rough." He told me.

"What happened?" I said and he looked at me.

"She left me because she wants her ex boyfriend back." He said.

"You look a be upset ... What happened to you?" He asked me and I sighed.

"I had a long day. I first ended things with my boyfriend who also cheated on me but claims its my fault. I'm in love with this guy who I don't want to be really with." I told him.

"Ohhh sounds difficult. I'm Jesse, and you are?" He introduced himself.

"I'm sabrina." I smiled and he shook my hand.

"Well, sabrina. Want to go take a walk and maybe we can both talk about our problems cause it seems we both have no one to go to." He suggested and I just nodded.

I got up and we walked around the boardwalk.

"So tell me about this ex and the guy you're in love with." He started and I sighed.

"The guy I like well he's really sweet but we used to date and well this one guy who liked me kissed me but I didn't kiss back obviously. I was honest with the guy but he didn't buy it and we broke up. I moved back to America and came back cause my best friend had a baby. To make the story shorter well my boyfriend well ex now he came and proposed but i said no. He was cheating on me so that's why I left him. Now he's here with my brother and I just came down after a huge argument with them." I said and he laughed.

"Sounds tough. What about the guy you like?"

"Oh today we kinda made up but I don't know how that's going." I shrugged and then I asked him, "how about that ex girlfriend of yours?"

"She's a huge pain but I always loved her. I was crazy about her too. Two years together but I realized that she was cheating on me and she was trying to win her ex back. She was also with me for the money I have." He told me.

"I honestly hate people like that." I said. It was true if you were with someone for their money then that's horrible.

"I know," he sighed, "I was going to ask her to marry me."

"I'm so sorry." I said and he looked as if he was going to cry.

"You know that soccer player neymar ?" He asked me and my eyes widened but I nodded.

"He went out with my ex and that's who she is trying to get back."

"Is her name Florencia?" I asked him and he looked at me shocked but nodded.

"How did you know?" He asked me a bit scared.

"She went out with my ex and the guy I like neymar." I told him and he gave me an 'are you serious look?'

"I can't believe this." He said and we stopped at this pizza parlor and sat at an empty table.

"I need to get my mind off everything." He said frustrated.

"I do too." He told me.

"I don't think we should get into relationships straight away." I stated and he looked at me nodding.

"I'm thinking the same." He agreed and I took a sip of my soda.

"So tell me about yourself." I said and he smiled before speaking.

"Well, obviously my name is Jesse and I'm 23 and now single. I dedicated my life to writing but currently I been working in my fathers company. I'm american and a bit Brazilian."

"Well, I'm Joanna but I go mostly by my middle name Sabrina. I'm from Cali and I also have a huge interest in writing. My mother was Peruvian and my father is Brazilian." I said and he took a sip of his water.

"I also have a huge love for The 1975." He told me and I swear I almost screamed.

"I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! Literally! I'm a huge fan and Matt Healy is my love." I said and he laughed.

"Their music is life." He said and we continue to bond over little things. We had a lot of things in common and it was weird.

I had a feeling that this Jesse guy was going to be sticking around.

•neymar•

I knocked on the hotel door of sabrina and I prayed that it wasn't her brother or even worst audie who will open.

Luckily, it was Milett and I let a sigh of relief out.

"She isn't here and don't worry audie and jace aren't either." She told me with a smirk and I just nodded.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Last time I checked she was at the boardwalk and she texted me a couple minutes ago she was eating at some pizzeria on the boardwalk. Don't worry Audie and Jace aren't with her."

"Okay thanks." I said and I decided to go surprise her at the restaurant if she was still there.

I heard the sound of heels really close behind me but I ignored it. It could be anyone but for some reason I got a horrible feeling inside me. The sound was annoying me but I managed to continue.

I finally arrived at the boardwalk and I approached the resturant that Sabrina was supposedly at. I saw from the window but she wasn't alone.

I watched for a while as she laughed and it was obvious that the guy was flirting hard with her. I looked closer and I realized I knew this guy.

He was Florencia's older brother, Jesse.

"Hey babe, I missed you." I heard a voice behind me and I wasn't shocked when I saw who it was.

•authors note: updated cause 1/ I felt like it 2/ I was bored 3/ probably the last update of the year.

hope you guys have an amazing holiday. this year I'm spending it at home with my bed cause we're in a relationship. •