Chapter 5

Luke picked you up for your date and you decided not to bother him by asking where you were going this time. You were happy with whatever and even though you wanted to know.

Today you were using his car so it was probably farther away than usual. But then again, who knows. Maybe he's just playing mind games so you don't figure it out.

"Do you want to eat first or do the surprise first?" He asks you.

"Can we do the surprise first please?" You ask, knowing you wouldn't be able to eat knowing that the surprise was so close yet so far away.

He nods and keeps driving. "I think your going to like it."

"How do you know? What if it's actually my nightmare?" You ask jokingly.

"Well then Brittany lied to me." He says.

"Brittany? You talked to Brittany? As in my best friend?" You ask.

"No, as in your cousin.. yes as in your best friend." He laughs.

"How did you ask her? You met her?" You ask confused.

"No, I stalked her out on the internet and messaged her." He says.

You nod. "That's kind of creepy."

"I mean yeah but now I know what you like so it worked out." He laughs.

"True." You laugh. "Well maybe."

He shrugs and smiles as he keeps driving. "You aren't going to bug me about the surprise?"

"Nope, I'm calm this time." You tell him.

"Oh wow.. I was actually going to give you a hint this time on what it is." He says.

You bite your lip. "Can I have the hint?"

"Nope. I was joking, you can't know." He smirks.

You slap his arm. "I hate you."

"Good." He says as he pulls up to a place and parks.

You look around as he starts to speak. "I rented this place out and got them to play your favorite movie, The Little Mermaid." He says changing the radio station to the one you need to be on while watching the movie to hear the sound.

You smile. "That is the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me."

"I would do anything for you." He smiles as they start the movie and he grabs popcorn and snacks from the backseat.

He hands you some and you take it from him. "Thank you."

"No problem." He smiles.

You both watch the movie and halfway through the movie you feel him put his arm around your shoulder. You can't help but roll your eyes at how cheesy he is but at the same time, you love the fact that he did that. You found cheesy stuff really romantic, even though you would never admit it.

After a while the movie ends and Luke starts the car again before starting to drive. "You know, that was the first time I've ever seen that movie."

"Really? You've never seen it before?" You ask shocked.

"No, I'm a boy. It wasn't my life goal to watch Disney Princess movies. I watched Star Wars and shit like that." He laughs.

"Some boys enjoy Disney Princess movies." You point out.

"Yeah and that's totally fine, I just wasn't one of those boys." He says.

You nod. "What now?"

"We can go get food?" He asks.

"Sure." You nod.

"Where would you like to eat?" He asks.

You think. "I don't know, we've eaten a lot of things since we met, what haven't we eaten yet?"

He thinks. "The Outback?"

"Sure." You agree.

He nods and drives there. The bad part about being in the city, besides the traffic, is the long waits in restaurants. It's the worst.

You get there soon and wait the wait time before you finally sit down and look at the menu. This is your favorite restaurant so you already knew what you were getting but you looked anyway.

You put the menu down soon and watch Luke as he stares at the menu. You watch as his eyes scan over every single item on the menu. Your heart can't help but flutter. You two were still only friends but you wanted to be more. He probably won't ask you for a while but you still enjoyed his company.

He puts the menu down soon and you quickly look away. The server comes over soon and takes your orders. You both order drinks and food then look around. You were both enjoying the silence but you also wanted to talk to him. You loved the sound of his voice.

"Are you enjoying New York?" You ask him.

He nods. "Yeah, it's cool but I miss Australia."

You nod. "I can imagine. When was the last time you saw your family?"

"A few months ago?" He asks while thinking.

"That sucks." You say.

He nods in agreement as the server brings over the drinks.

He thanks the server and sips his drink. You do the same as you think of a new topic. You didn't want to keep talking about his family because you didn't want him to get upset.

"What do you like to do for fun?" You ask.

"Play guitar or write songs. You?" He asks.

"Hang out with Brittany." You say.

He nods. "Cool."

"I was looking at pictures of you on the Internet, what happened to your lip ring?" You ask.

"I took it out because it started destroying my teeth. The dentist said it wasn't good for me." He explains.

You nod. You were sad that he had to take it out because you thought it was hot but you understand why he had to take it out. His teeth looked perfect so it's a good thing he took it out.

You look around, not knowing what to say next. You noticed some people staring at you guys but you didn't care.

The food comes out soon and you both eat in a comfortable silence. When your done he pays and then you two walk back to the car.

"This was a fun date." You smiled.

"I'm glad you had fun." He smiles back.

"It was perfect." You smile.

"Good." He says as he drives back to your place.

He walks you up to your apartment, just like he always does and says, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." You smile.

You walk inside before he walks back out to his car.

This was the best date you ever went on and you wouldn't forget it for anything.