Chapter 9

"You look like a tomato." Luke laughs.

"Shut up." You sigh.

You two had spent a few hours at the beach today and even though you kept applying sunscreen, you got really burnt.

Instead of going to Jones Beach today you went to Coney Island. You guys were putting your beach stuff in the car and before deciding to go the amusement park.

You loved amusement parks. You haven't been to one since high school.

You two walked around the amusement park for like an hour before you decided to go on rides.

"Want to the Thunderbolt?" He asks.

"I don't really like rollercoasters." You say truthfully. "They make me feel sick."

"Okay." He says looking around. "Well instead of buying tickets and going on rides, we can go to the aquarium instead if you'd like."

"Sure." You smile.

He nods and you two walk hand in hand to the aquarium.

"Sorry I didn't want to go on the rollercoasters and other rides." You say and bite your lip.

"No, it's completely fine. I just offered in case you wanted to go on one. I don't like them either." He says.

"Okay." You say, not knowing if he's lying or telling the truth.

You honestly felt bad. You had a half hour drive back to your apartment and you didn't want to puke in his car. You would be really embarrassed if that had happened.

You two get to the aquarium soon and he pays for tickets to get in. You were excited. You couldn't wait to see all of the animals.

You guys walk in and go to see all of the fish first. They had so many different types that you didn't know existed and you were kind of overwhelmed by all the different colors and types. You loved it though. You thought sea creatures were really interesting. You also loved to draw pictures of them occasionally and paint them.

Soon you move on to the next few parts. You got to see stingrays and sharks and all types of animals like that.

You were having a blast and you enjoyed seeing the dolphins and sea turtles the most because they were your favorite animals from the ocean.

You also loved watching Luke's face light up when penguins were around.

"Are those your favorite?" You ask him.

"Yes. I have always loved them." He smiles.

"I like how they waddle." You say as you watch them.

"Me too." He smiles.

You guys watch them as they swim around and play with each other for a while. They aquarium makes an announcement that it will be closing in 30 minutes and you sigh. You were having fun and didn't want to leave.

After you finish looking at all of the animals, you two go to the gift shop.

You look around and notice that Luke isn't behind you anymore.

You go and look for him and find him walking towards you with a bag.

"Take your time shopping, I already got what I needed." He says.

You nod and pick out a few things.

He waits and you pay soon before you guys walk back to the car.

It was getting late so you decided to get food and then call it a night.

You go to a Taco Bell when you get near your apartment and get a table and sit down. Luke goes and orders as you wait.