Chapter 30

It had been 2 weeks since you and Luke had broken up. That meant that he had two weeks left until he left for tour. You two hadn't spoken since you left the restaurant. Luke was giving you space. He didn't want to force you to talk to him. He figured you'd go back to him when you were ready... if you were ever going to be ready to go back to him that is.

"It's been 2 weeks." Brittany says walking into the room. "Shouldn't you like, move your stuff out of there and back in here?"

"I'm not ready to do that." You say.

"I know but," She starts before you cut her off.

"No buts." You say. "I said I'm not ready."

She nods and walks out of the room. You felt bad but you were really sad and didn't want to deal with anyone or anything. You had been staying in your old room and your old apartment. Brittany had bought you new sheets and lent you some clothes so you didn't have to go and face Luke.

You sigh and go on your phone. You open the Instagram app and scroll through photos, liking some of them. You bite your lip as you come across a Luke Hemmings Update page. You read the post and feel tears start to brim your eyes. You look at the pictures before reading the caption.

'Update: The boys at the airport, leaving to go to LA to get ready for tour. 2 weeks until the first show!'

So that was it. Luke was gone. They had left two weeks early and you hadn't got to say goodbye. Yes, you guy broke up but you hoped that you would talk to him before he left. You missed him.

Well, at least you could go get all your stuff without having to see him. You had wanted to wait a few more days so you could both cool off and have a conversation but maybe by the time he came to New York you guys can talk.

You look up when Brittany walks into your room. "Get up."

"What?" You ask.

"Get up, I'm not letting you sit in your room and cry again. If you don't want to go and move your stuff, then we will go do something else." She says.

"Okay." You say getting up.

"Good." She smiles. "Be ready in 20 minutes."

You nod as she walks out of your room. You put on a clean pair of clothes that she lent you and go to the bathroom to brush your hair and teeth.

You put shoes on after that and meet Brittany in the living room. She grabs her things and you do the same before walking to the door. You both walk down to the exit and walk outside.

"So what are we doing?" You ask her.

"You'll see." She says as she starts to walk. You quickly follow and try to keep up as she smiles. You were scared at what she had planned for you guys.

-

Luke and the boys had just gotten to their LA house and got settled in. Luke was feeling down and the rest of the boys could tell but Luke didn't really like to show it.

They heard him strumming on his guitar and didn't want to bother him but as soon as they heard silence for a few minutes, Calum went in and checked on him.

"Hey Luke." He says as he walks in his room.

"Hi." He says.

"What are you up to?" He asks.

"I just finished writing a song I've been working on." He says.

"Oh cool. What's it called?" Calum asks.

"Lonely Heart." He says.

He takes the lyric sheet from Luke as he hands it to him and reads the lyrics. "Wow, this seems like a good song." He says.

"Thanks." He says.

"You haven't been yourself Luke, we're worried about you."

"I'm fine." Luke says.

"Are you actually?" He asks.

"I will be." He sighs.

Calum rubs his back. "We have rehearsals in an hour, are you up for them?"

"Yeah, I need the distraction." Luke says.

He nods. "I'm going to go freshen up and get ready."

Luke nods and gets some clothes out of his suitcase as Calum leaves. He changes and fixes his hair before sliding sneakers on.

Luke was proud of the song. He loved it and hoped he could put it on the next album. Even if you two had gotten back together by then, he wants the world to know that they aren't the only ones who go through heart breaks and shit like that.

He didn't know what the future was going to hold for him, but he knew that he would continue to be depressed without you.

-

"You want me to go to the top of the Empire State Building? I can't do that." You say to Brittany after you had gotten to the place where she wanted to take you.

"Why not?" She asks.

"Because I'm scared of heights." You say.

"Sometimes you just need to face your fears." She says.

You sigh and look up at the building, already wanting to throw up.

"You should go by yourself." You tell her.

"No. You'll be fine. I'll be with the the whole time. You don't need to look down while you're up there. Plus, don't you want the thrill of saying you went up there?" She asks.

You sigh, knowing she won't give up. "Fine."

She smiles and grabs your hand and leads you inside. Eventually you guys make it up to the top and you keep your eyes glued to the floor.

"Wow, it's gorgeous." Brittany says.

You bite your lip and take a deep breath before moving your eyes and looking at the view.

You felt a wave of nausea but swallowed it along with your fears of being up there. As you looked around, you realized it wasn't too bad. It wasn't as scary as you had thought it would be.

You smile. Brittany was right. You had faced this fear and now it wasn't so bad. You felt unstoppable and free.

"Are you okay?" Brittany asks.

You smile. "I actually am. Thank you for making me do this."

You suddenly had the urge to face all of your fears, no matter how stupid or scary they are, you felt fearless and wanted to accomplish doing just that.

"I know what I want to do next." You say to Brittany with a huge smile on your face.