Chapter 7

It had been a few days since Luke told you he didn't know if he wanted to be with you or not. You had been crying a lot. You didn't want this to be the end, you love him. His stupid self made you fall head over heels for him. Yes you haven't known him for that long, but you couldn't help it. Your feelings got in your way and now that's all that mattered.

You've been sat in your room with the door locked. You haven't talked to anyone, you just sat there sobbing and staring at your phone. You wanted Luke to call or text you. He hasn't though and you weren't sure he was going to.

This was the first time that you had been heartbroken over someone you didn't date. You weren't used to this but it happened and there was nothing you could do about it.

You didn't tell Brittany or anyone what happened. You kind of just walked inside and right to your room in silence. You knew she would help you but you couldn't bring yourself to talk about it with anyone.

He led you on. You were heartbroken but you hoped you two could still be friends. It would probably be awkward though. You didn't want it to be but it is how it is. You knew he'd have to leave soon for tour again. They were almost done with recording their album. It was only a matter of time. Maybe this was for the best.

You look down at your phone as it goes off. Luke was calling you. You debated on answering or not and picked it up on the last ring. "Hello?"

"Hi." He says.

"What's up?" You ask while biting your lip. You loved his accent and you melted every time you heard it.

"I'm off today and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" He asks.

You think about it for a few seconds. Could you handle it? You could always try it out and if you felt uncomfortable you could just tell him that you didn't feel good and that you wanted to go home. Or you could just say no. Ask for a rain check and watch movies and cry all day. That answer didn't seem the best but it's what you have been doing. You could barely focus on your last exam but luckily you had recognized most of the questions from studying the day before so you just winged it and hopefully passed. You were supposed to go see your family but you pushed it back a few weeks so you could just be alone for now.

You decided to say yes because you barely had time left with him and you didn't want to waste any time that could he spent together by sitting at home and crying.

"Sure." You answer.

"Okay cool, I'll pick you up in an hour?" He asks.

"Sure." You say.

"Okay. I'll see you." He says before hanging up.

You changed out of your pajamas and into jeans and an oversized sweatshirt. You put your hair in a bun and left your face bare. You didn't feel like putting makeup on. You didn't care how you looked. You didn't need to impress anyone.

You slip shoes on and before you know it you hear him knocking on your front door. You walk to the door and answer.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Hi." You say.

He looks at your outfit. "As beautiful as you look, maybe you want to change into something nicer?"

"Why?" You ask.

"It's just that I made reservations to a nice restaurant and I don't want you to get judged." He says.

"Oh okay." You say and go back to your room.

Why would he make reservations for a nice restaurant? You two weren't dating obviously. Maybe he was trying to get into your pants? That's probably it. Boys always did nice things if they wanted to fuck you. You had learned that harshly in the past. Boys always tried to sleep with you but you never wanted them too. You were saving yourself for someone you really loved and cared about.

You change into leggings and a nice shirt and put flats on. You braided your hair instead of putting it in a bun and kept your face bare. You walk out of your room and back over to him. "Is this better?"

"Yes. You always look beautiful no matter what but this is much better." He smiles.

You didn't know if you should be offended or if you should take it as a compliment so you just stood there and gave him a small smile before walking to the door. He follows and you guys walk outside.

"Are we walking or driving?" You ask.

"Driving, it's almost a 50 minute walk." He says.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"La Grenouille." He answers.

"What's that?" You ask.

"A French restaurant." He answers.

"Ohh I never heard of that before." You answer.

"It's supposed to be a really fancy place." He says. "It's one of the most romantic places in New York City."

You nod and get in the car. You buckle and he starts to drive. The ride there was silent and kind of awkward. You didn't really know what to say and you weren't sure what to ask him. Last time you could tell he got upset when you brought up his family.

The drive was a lot shorter than the walk would have been so you get there pretty quickly and you both walk inside. After he holds the door open for you, he walks over to the hosts and tell them that he has a reservation. They bring you two to a table and you notice that the few tables around you are just couples. There were some families scattered around the place but you were at a table that fit two by a bunch of old people. You didn't mind.

Luke pulls out your chair for you and you sit down and thank him. He smiles and sits down across from you and opens his menu. You do the same and read it. Everything here was so expensive that you kind of felt bad for looking to order something. Of course he was the one who picked the restaurant but you still felt bad. You could barely afford this food with a week's paycheck.

He looks up at you as if he can sense you being hesitant. "You can order whatever you'd like. My treat."

You nod. "Okay, thank you."

"Anytime." He smiles before going back and reading the menu again.

You pick something that is a lot cheaper than the other stuff on the menu and shut it. A lot of the stuff looked good but you were going to stick with a food you know you liked so Luke didn't spend a lot of money on something you hate.

You look around as he continued to read the menu. He was right, this place really was fancy and romantic. Why would he bring you here?

"Luke?" You ask.

"Yes?" He asks looking up from the menu.

"Why did you bring me here?" You ask.

"Why do you ask?" He answers.

"Because it's so romantic and as you've clearly stated, we aren't dating." You answer.

"I've thought about it and I was wrong." He says putting the menu down.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"What I'm trying to say is..." He pauses for a second and fixes his hair nervously. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

You look at him shocked for a few seconds before smiling. "Yes, I would love that."

Forget the bad days, this was the most perfect day you could have asked for.