Chapter 27

"Babe, are you almost ready? We don't want to be late." Luke says sticking his head into the bathroom.

You finish touching up your makeup and nod nervously. "I'm ready."

"You look beautiful." He smiles.

"Thank you." You say.

"Don't worry, once she gets to know you, she'll love you as much as I do." He says.

"I hope so." You sigh.

He kisses your head and grabs his keys. Since he moved out from living with the boys, he decided to rent his own car and you two have been taking turns sharing it. It was really helpful to have a car, even though traffic in the city always sucked.

You guys walked out to the car and he unlocked it before you both got in. You buckled and nervously started biting your nails as he started driving. He noticed that you were doing that and grabbed your hand and held it in his free hand. He kissed the back of your hand and you smile.

"Calm down." He says.

"I'm trying to." You sigh.

He puts music on to calm you down and before you know it, you arrive at the restaurant. You walk inside and see Liz at a table waiting for the two of you. Luke leads you guys over to the table and greets his mom.

"Hi mom." He says as she stands up and hugs him.

"Hi," She smiles and hugs him back before turning to you. "Hi, nice to see you again."

"You too." You smile.

You guys all sit down and Liz smiles at you. "So, tell me about yourself. What do you do for a living?"

"Um well right now I work at Daisy's Café because I still go to school." You tell her.

"Ohh that's nice. Where do you go to school?" She asks.

"NYU." You answer.

"I've heard that's an amazing school. What's your major?" She asks.

"Art. I'm studying to be an art teacher." You say.

Before she can answer, a waiter comes over and asks what you guys would like to drink. You all order drinks before looking at the menu and picking out food. When he comes back you guys order the food and he walks away again.

"How did you two meet?" She asks you and Luke.

"I stopped by Daisy's Café one day when she was working and then went back the next day and that's when we started talking." Luke tells his mom.

"That's cute. Did you know who he was?" She asks you.

And there it is. This is the part where she asks if you knew he was famous and tries to figure out if your with him for the wrong reasons like for his money or for fame. You would never be with someone for their money or fame, you loved Luke for Luke and you hoped she would believe that.

"No. I didn't know he was in a band until our first date. He didn't tell me his hand name until a few dates after when he surprised me by taking me to one of their shows. Before that I had no idea that he was famous." You say.

She nods and smiles. She seemed to believe that and that made you happy. You hoped and prayed that she would like you after today.

You guys talk for a bit more before the food comes out. You all eat and talk a little bit between swallowing and the next mouthful of food.

Liz was one of the nicest people you've ever met. She was so down to earth and caring. You now know where Luke gets it from. They are completely alike. You could tell that Luke looked up to his mom a lot. It was like he wanted to make her proud but you could already tell that she was extremely proud of him.

Luke paid the check once you guys were all done but you stayed at the table a little bit longer and kept talking. It was almost 9:30 so you were getting tired but Luke barely sees his mom and you didn't want to rush him to leave.

After a few more minutes you all get ready to leave.

"Love you mom. I'll talk to you tomorrow?" Luke asks.

"Yes. Tomorrow is my last full day before I got back to Australia." She says.

"Okay, I'll make plans with you in the morning." He tells her.

"Sounds good." She smiles. "Love you."

He smiles and grabs your hand as Liz turns to you. "It was great getting to know you. You're an amazing girl." She says.

"Thank you so much. Same to you." You smile.

She gets in her uber with a smile on her face and Luke waves as the uber driver pulls away.

"That wasn't too bad, right?" He asks you.

"No, I had fun." You smile.

"See, I told you." He smiles back.

"Yeah yeah." You laugh.

He smiles and unlocks the car. You both get in and buckle and he turns to you. "Our ice cream place?"

You smile and nod. You could really go for some ice cream right now. You were full from dinner but you could never reject ice cream.

He smiles and drives there. You look out the window and hum along to the radio as he drives. He parks when you arrive and you guys get out and walk inside.

"Hey Max." You say as you both walk inside.

"Hey guys. The usual?" He asks.

You two nod and you get your card out and gave Luke a look as to say 'don't fight me on this'.

He put his hands up in surrender and you smile and pay.

Max gets the ice cream ready and then hands it to you. "Enjoy."

"Thanks." You say as you take it and walk to the booth you two always sit at. You both sat and started eating your ice cream.

"So do you think she likes me?" You ask him.

"100%." He answers.

"Positive?" You ask.

"Of course. I would tell you if she didn't." He says.

"You would?" You ask.

"Well I mean, no, probably not." He says.

"Luke!" You groan.

"I promise, she liked you. She called you an amazing girl. She's never once complimented my ex girlfriends. That's how I knew she hated them besides the fact that she would tell me that she hated them." He says.

You nod. "Okay. I believe you."

"Good." He smiles before shoving a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

You shook your head and laughed. You were in love with a child... well at least his mom likes you.